MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Freebies (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Free Denim Hat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102204)

katerose 08-11-2011 01:13 AM

Free Denim Hat

Free denim hat from Mary's Tailor Shop! (Looks like a women's hat)

"Use it FREE! Simply fill in the form below, and I'll send you a free self made denim hat as sample of my work!"

http://marystailorshop.com/free_hat_sample.html

"Your Free Denim Hat request has been received! Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery. "

CrazyDreamer 08-12-2011 09:50 AM

As much as I'd love to have this hat, I think I'll pass. It sounds like it might be a very small company, possibly even just one person. I really hate to think about how this poor naive, unsuspecting soul is going to get slammed! Thanks for the post though.

gayle 08-12-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyDreamer (Post 860245)
As much as I'd love to have this hat, I think I'll pass. It sounds like it might be a very small company, possibly even just one person. I really hate to think about how this poor naive, unsuspecting soul is going to get slammed! Thanks for the post though.

I agree...................

katerose 08-13-2011 10:33 AM

Hmm

I would agree, except that a. She might appreciate the extra interest with people that might actually buy her product and b. I'm sure she has a set amount of samples she's willing to give out and will stop when she stops offering is up to her :)

CrazyDreamer 08-14-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katerose (Post 860274)
I would agree, except that a. She might appreciate the extra interest with people that might actually buy her product and b. I'm sure she has a set amount of samples she's willing to give out and will stop when she stops offering is up to her :)

Welcome to the board katerose!

My reasoning was that I got the impression from the site that this is a seamstress looking for local business. She mentioned that she would come to your house to take measurements, so I doubt if she was planning to ship thousands of free hats nationwide to people who obviously wouldn't be hiring her. Of course she can just stop when she runs out, provided her site hasn't crashed by then from the thousands of requests that she'll probably be getting!

I don't mind requesting samples of things I know I'll never buy if it's from a big company, but I just feel guilty doing that from small business owners who are probably struggling to stay afloat. JMHO though, and your post was appreciated nonetheless! :smileyhugs:

katerose 08-15-2011 12:50 AM

This is all true. I did not think of that. I'll be more conscientious with my posts in the future!

gayle 08-15-2011 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katerose (Post 860348)
This is all true. I did not think of that. I'll be more conscientious with my posts in the future!

thanks for all your posts clapping clapping

CrazyDreamer 08-15-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katerose (Post 860348)

You don't have to worry about doing that. Just let everyone make their own decision. We definitely appreciate every opportunity we can get! laughingsmilie

I hope you didn't feel like I was lecturing you for posting it because it wasn't that at all. I just was mentioning to others that it looked like it might be a small business in case they felt the same as me and didn't have time to read through her site. Lots of people would have no problem with the request, and that's perfectly okay too. After all, she did offer it!

katerose 08-15-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyDreamer (Post 860359)
You don't have to worry about doing that. Just let everyone make their own decision. We definitely appreciate every opportunity we can get! laughingsmilie

I hope you didn't feel like I was lecturing you for posting it because it wasn't that at all. I just was mentioning to others that it looked like it might be a small business in case they felt the same as me and didn't have time to read through her site. Lots of people would have no problem with the request, and that's perfectly okay too. After all, she did offer it!

I didn't take it wrongly at all! You were very courteous in your replies. =]