MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Freebies (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Just a thought.......;o)) (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1119)

Jaimie 02-08-2006 08:31 PM

Just a thought.......;o))

waveHi there........

Just a quick thought. I'm 2500 miles away from my grandma who lives in an assisted living place in NY. I miss her dearly and try to fly out there when I can but I was thinking..........

Why not send her some freebies too.........especially the tea samples, vitamins and arthritis samples.

She LOVEs to get mail and this would really keep her going even more to get a few samples in the mail. She is 94 and still organizes "shows" every week and plays the piano for her "choir". She is soooooo cute:thumbsup:

Anyways.......Just thought you guys might want to think about doing that too.

{{Hugs}}
Jaimie

Lori Ann 02-08-2006 08:38 PM

Jamie,

You are one big sweetie!!clapping

I used to try and share some of my freebie offers with friends and families but now I do what you said. Every so often if something is real cool - I just do the paperwork and they get a nice surprise.

Bless you,

Lori Ann glow smiliebow

lindsey-star 02-08-2006 08:39 PM

That's a great suggestion! I will have to remember that when my grandma stops playing Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis...lol ;)

I could send them to my dad...he lives 3 hours away and doesn't get much mail. :(

Jaimie 02-08-2006 08:40 PM

Many blessing to you and yours also............Thank you~ angel

Lindsey~ ........that makes me laugh to think of little ol' grandma playing video games........maybe that is what I will be like..........LOL........I don't have time to play them now........maybe when I'm old and gray.....speechless

Shirl 02-09-2006 02:06 PM

Just A Thought

Hey That Is A Wonderful Pass Time For Us Grannies...... I Love My Computer And All The Games I Can Play On It And All The Forums I Can Talk On, And All The Free Stuff Too!!!!! ........Hee Hee Hee

Modemouth 02-09-2006 02:15 PM

I think it was TIME that had an article on mental calisthenics
earlier this year. Video games were highly recommended for us older folks. After we move I will be looking for a deal on a PS3.rockin

Now that the kids have moved out my hubby and I can play without them wanting the machine!!!:thumbsup:

lindsey-star 02-09-2006 02:18 PM

My grandma got hooked when I got my game systems as a kid...

She can't play the new ones with all the crazy graphics, because they make her dizy. lol I buy her games for her SNES and Genesis on eBay.

She calls Yoshi, "my horsey!" :heartssmiley:

She also does a lot online, but mostly just geneology. She's really big into that and has researched over 6,000 names in our family. She uses e-mail, but she doesn't chat much. In fact, 95% of the time she'll ignore an instant message. lol

I love my grandma, she's so much fun! :D I hope I am as cool as her when I'm older. ;)

pepper60 03-02-2006 04:25 AM

Been doing this for Mom for a long time

My mother lives in Michigan and I am about 900 miles away on the east coast. She is 87 yrs. young and does the bingo circuit every week! Last year she divorced her abusive second husband and is living the FREE life alone in an old house. I started sending her freebies as a surprise several years ago and she gets such a kick out it. The most recent one she really loved was the free prayer blanket as she is very religious and goes to church several times a week, too. Doing this for me is a way of keeping in touch and letting her know I care even though I am so far away. She is also diabetic so I am always on the hunt for free stuff for diabetics, like delicious cookies!
Have a great day everyone.

pepper60 03-02-2006 04:27 AM

Been doing this for Mom for a long time

My mother lives in Michigan and I am about 900 miles away on the east coast. She is 87 yrs. young and does the bingo circuit every week! Last year she divorced her abusive second husband and is living the FREE life alone in an old house. I started sending her freebies as a surprise several years ago and she gets such a kick out it. The most recent one she really loved was the free prayer blanket as she is very religious and goes to church several times a week, too. Doing this for her is a way of keeping in touch and letting her know I care even though I am so far away. She is also diabetic so I am always on the hunt for free stuff for diabetics, like delicious cookies!
Have a great day everyone.

Lori Ann 03-02-2006 12:55 PM

Great ideas Guys!!!:thumbsup:

Lori:happysmiley: Ann