The Pumpkin Dessert Thread
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 5 hr 15 min
Makes: 16 servings, one slice each
25 NABISCO Ginger Snaps, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/2 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted 4 pkg.
(8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash ground cloves
PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix ginger snap crumbs, pecans and butter; press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
BEAT cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the batter; place in small bowl. Stir remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the pumpkin and spices into remaining batter. Spoon half of the pumpkin batter into crust; top with spoonfuls of half of the reserved plain batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect.
BAKE 55 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 slices. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Yum! Was this in the Kraft magazine? I just saw it somewhere else and it looks good!! I have been making a pumpkin cheesecake the last couple years for Thanksgiving. I got a really good one off of Allrecipes. I am going to try this one too.
Popcorn Smore Balls
Popcorn Smores Balls
This stovetop recipe adds popcorn to the oiginal campfire version of s'mores and turns the familiar snack into an easy, portable treat.
Note: Kids can form the popcorn s'mores into balls using plastic sandwich bags as gloves.
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
10 cups freshly popped popcorn, cooled (do not use air-popped popcorn, as the kernels are too delicate for the hot syrup)
1 (10 1/2-ounce) package mini marshmallows
2 cups mini graham cookies (we used Teddy Grahams)
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine the brown sugar, butter, and cor syrup in a medium saucepan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes (this mixture gets very hot). Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda.
2. Combine the popcorn and the marshmallows in a large metal or heat-resistant glass bowl (not plastic; the heat could damage it). Drizzle the sugar mixture mixture over the popcorn, then gently stir in the graham cracker cookies and chocolate chips.
3. Let the mixture set until cool enough to handle, then using buttered plastic sandwich bags on your hands, form the mixture into golf-ball-sized balls. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 30.
I was looking for a recipe similar to this to make pumpkins for some of the kids in the neighborhood!
I am just going to put frosting or candy faces on them!
This is perfect!
Looks yummy too!!!
:0party0006: :0party0006: :0party0006:
JELL-O Pumpkin Balls
PLACE 1/4 cup butter and 6 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 11/2 to 2 min., or until marshmallows are puffed.
ADD 1 pkg. (3 oz.) Orange JELL-O Gelatin, dry; stir until well blended. Pour marshmallow mixture over 12 cups popped popcorn and 1 cup peanuts (optional). Stir quickly to coat well.
SHAPE into balls with greased hands
Great ideas Missy!
mmmmmmmmmm to both recipes
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
High Cotton Food Styling & Photography
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
3/4 cup 2 percent low-fat milk
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/4 cup butter
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 375F. Insert paper liners into 24 muffin cups.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk, blending after each addition. Stir in nuts.
3. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling cups about two-thirds full. Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
4. To make the frosting, combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Yield: 24 cupcakes.
YUMMY! I can't wait to try these.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:04 PM.|