MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mtv (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1965)

Christine 02-15-2006 08:57 PM

Mtv

Has anyone turned on MTV lately? I was channel surfing and was shocked to see what it has turned into. No music videos. Just garbage.
I remember in 1981 when the station first started on tv it was great. WE were introduced to a lot of different groups that we would have probably never heard of if not for this station. Bring back the videos.

Karen 02-15-2006 09:26 PM

Yeah, I don't watch it much. I do like some of the shows on VH1, though. One of my favs is "I Love the 80"s". :D

Christine 02-15-2006 09:40 PM

I used to like pop up video on VH1. It's not on anymore.

Karen 02-15-2006 09:58 PM

Sounds like you haven't had cable for a while, Critbunny! That disappeared years ago! lol I don't think VH1 plays videos anymore either! lol

Christine 02-15-2006 10:09 PM

We moved a few years ago and just got cable again. I really don't watch tv much. Too busy viewing mybargainbuddy hahahaha

Karen 02-15-2006 10:23 PM

lol Yeah, I don't watch tv much. Too busy working on bargain buddy! blue laughing This is more fun anyway. ;)

lindsey-star 02-15-2006 11:42 PM

The only channel that plays music anymore is Fuse...but it has a bunch of text messages scrolling the bottom of the screen written by 14 year olds about all the scandals in thier lives. speechless

hblueeyes 02-16-2006 05:58 AM

Mtv

I stopped watching and allowing my kids to watch MTV when they got raunchy and allowed a girl to be raped during "The Real World" and tried coving it up. My boys and I have had long discussions about this. Listen to your music but NOT on MTV. Not while I pay the bills. If they were caught then I would cancel the cable. Well my youngest took me up on that and I awoke one day to find MTV on the tube. Proomptly at 9 am I canceled the cable. The good thing was he learned a valuable lesson but 3 months later they wanted me back as a customer so I got a sweet deal.

Me:grinning-smiley-022

JeffGordonsNo1Fan 02-16-2006 01:22 PM

Well, not only has MTV gone 'reality' on us...but then they marketed MTV2- and it was suppoed to be all videos to make up for MTV (1) well, guess what station is now showing RERUNS of the REal World?
UGH....
I guess kids today don't NEED MTV, they have Ipods.

Erin46 02-16-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hblueeyes
I stopped watching and allowing my kids to watch MTV when they got raunchy and allowed a girl to be raped during "The Real World" and tried coving it up. My boys and I have had long discussions about this. Listen to your music but NOT on MTV. Not while I pay the bills. If they were caught then I would cancel the cable. Well my youngest took me up on that and I awoke one day to find MTV on the tube. Proomptly at 9 am I canceled the cable. The good thing was he learned a valuable lesson but 3 months later they wanted me back as a customer so I got a sweet deal.

Me:grinning-smiley-022

Check with your cable company on how to set Parental Controls. It works great - you can block out a certain channel or certain ratings etc. :heartssmile: