MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My Brother Has Cancer (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19891)

Christine 11-10-2006 07:28 PM

My Brother Has Cancer

Just got back from the hospital for my brother who went in to have a benign tumor removed............we arrived at 5:30a and his surgery was scheduled for 7:30a .It was estimated to last around 4 hours.. I knew something was wrong when, after 5 hours, I had not heard anything. His Nurse called and stated the surgery was still going on and it would take another 1 hour. 3 hours later the Doctor came and informed me that the "easy tumor" turned out to be an aggressive form of cancer the size of a soccer ball that he had never seen before.
Worst of all my brother was 5 hours in recovery and by the time he arrived on the floor for admission he had no recollection of anything and I had to deliver the bad news...........mind you I was the one who pushed him to have this surgery and that everything would be ok................this coupled with my "hubby" not giving a crap is just about to send me over the edge............
Thanks for letting me vent........

Oceangirl 11-10-2006 08:20 PM

So sorry...your troubles are piled more than high right now. I hope it turns out better than it seems at this moment. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. This forum should fill up in no time with encouragement to help keep your chin up.

Dru15 11-10-2006 09:48 PM

I'm so sorry Christine. Hopefully the doctors will have some treatments for it that will help. Did they tell you what they intend to do about it?

Karen 11-10-2006 10:17 PM

Oh, Christine! I'm so sorry! I have 3 brothers. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. My prayers are with you and your brother right now. Please keep us posted. We are here for you. ((((HUGS))))

pepper60 11-11-2006 02:12 AM

Dearest lil bunny,

I am so sorry that things did not turn out for the better. I am here
for you. You and your brother are in my prayers. A sibling in health
crisis is so hard to bear and understand why. Let me know if there
is anything I can do to help.

gayle 11-11-2006 02:21 AM

I'm so sorry the news wasn't good. Your brother will be in my prayers. Stay strong and think positive thoughts. We are here for you MBB's.

Krissy 11-11-2006 07:49 AM

I'm sorry for your sad news Christine. My mom went to have her gallbladder out and came out of surgury needing a liver transplant. hopefully they can treat it now that they are aware of it. You can vent anytime, you know we love you..

ChickyChris 11-11-2006 08:19 AM

I am so sorry Christine...I am praying for all...you and your family and your brother. You may vent to me anytime if you would like. Just want you to know, there are a lot of people that can not deal with other peoples illness, it is common. Maybe that is what is up with your hubby? I pray for strength and wisdom to deal with this, and all the needs you and your brother have right now...

grams1952 11-11-2006 08:22 AM

Oh I am so sorry for the turn out of the surgery. We're here for you and hope if you need to vent you will feel free to do it. That is what we are here, for to be a place can do so. Prayers are with you and your family.

Michele 11-11-2006 10:03 AM

I'm sorry too, but thankfully you did push him to have the surgery. Is the cancer now gone with the removal of the tumor?

My warmest thoughts and prayers go out to your brother and all your family.