MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How Much Have You Spent On Thanksgiving Meal So Far (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20883)

Christine 11-21-2006 07:41 PM

How Much Have You Spent On Thanksgiving Meal So Far

I Was Shocked Today When I Went To The Grocery Store For The Extras For Our Meal And I Spent Over 200.00 That Is Not Including The 100+ For The Turkey And Other Items I Already Bought.........yikes........guess I'll Hide That Bill From You Know Who

Modemouth 11-21-2006 10:32 PM

I have NO idea and I don't want to know. We "do" the holidays but I shop sales, use coupons, and stock up on loss leaders..

MagiePerdu 11-22-2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critbunny
I Was Shocked Today When I Went To The Grocery Store For The Extras For Our Meal And I Spent Over 200.00 That Is Not Including The 100+ For The Turkey And Other Items I Already Bought.........yikes........guess I'll Hide That Bill From You Know Who

I'm ALWAYS shocked at what the tab is when I check out. The "big shop" was over $100 (just the 2 of us this year!!) and, of course, there's always the stuff you gotta run back and get. One year we threw in the towel and went to Marie Callender's for Thanksgiving...I think they had a buffet only choice and it was around $50 for the 2 of us. Of course, there were no leftovers for a 2nd dinner or yummy sammiches either. I'm pretty traditional and enjoy doing Thanksgiving and Christmas in a big way...storing those leftovers, tho. . .THAT can become a problem. blue laughing

Kelly 11-22-2006 03:52 AM

well lets see, i got a turkey for free from the pastor at church. so all i am buying is the squash and potatoes and my mother is making the rest. so i'd say around $10:yahoo_smiley: :yahoo_smiley:

Missy 11-22-2006 05:03 AM

It's just us and the kids this year, and I always got all out and make all the trimmings, not this year.

I got a 17 lb. turkey @ wal-mart for $9, 2 packs of dressing for $2, bag of potatoes for $1, can of yams for .50, already have the brown sugar & marshmellows, spiraled ham @ Sams for $5, and I already have the ingredients for pecan pies since mom owns pecan orchard, and tons of cans for pumkin pie,got the green beans for casserole .50/can at wal-mart. I'm not making anymore sides cause we'll have left overs for months if I do.......lol

Lori Ann 11-22-2006 05:14 AM

Not too bad, I've been picking stuff up as it goes on sale...probably around $60.00! :yahoo_smiley:

Lori :happysmiley: Ann

Karen 11-22-2006 06:28 AM

I've been buying stuff here and there for the last month, so it's hard to say. The turkeys were only $5, so that certainly helped keep costs down! I thought I was all done shopping, but last night I went into a whole foods store to get a couple things and they had just put out some fresh pecan pies, still warm from the oven! I couldn't resist! ;)

Nan 11-22-2006 10:05 PM

We are having chili, corn bread, rice, fresh veggies, cheesecake and a few appetizers. With wine and drinks, I have spent about $50. We opted for a small repast this year and I'm really glad!:yahoo_smiley:

pepper60 11-24-2006 10:59 AM

Probably $50 --- only 3 of us this year and none are big eaters

Christine 11-24-2006 05:46 PM

I have soooooo many leftovers.........everyones invited. Lets have a leftover party...........(no one can have the chocolate cream pie though......I'm pms'ing)blue laughing blue laughing