MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can you imagine... (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2522)

auntnet 02-20-2006 07:44 AM

Can you imagine...

I can't keep up with my 15 year old and I'm only 35 and she has 12 + 20 grandchildren! LOL

Calif. Woman, 62, Gives Birth to Baby Boy

Saturday, February 18, 2006
REDDING, Calif. - A 62-year-old woman gave birth Friday to a healthy 6-pound, 9-ounce baby boy, becoming one of the oldest women in the world to successfully bear a child.

Janise Wulf gave birth to her 12th child. She is also a grandmother of 20 and a great-grandmother of three.

Family members said the delivery went smoothly, despite earlier concerns about the mother's health. Wulf, a diabetic, experienced swelling and higher blood pressure earlier this week, prompting doctors to perform the Caesarean section a week early.

Wulf and her third husband, Scott, 48, named the red-haired boy Adam Charles Wulf. He follows just 3 1/2 years behind his older brother, Ian.

"I hate to raise one alone, without a sibling," said Wulf, who was impregnated both times through in vitro fertilization.

The oldest woman on record to give birth is a 66-year-old Adriana Iliescu of Romania, who had a Caesarean section Jan. 15, 2005.

The Guinness Book of World Records also lists two 63-year-old women who have given birth: Rosanna Della Corte of Italy in 1994 and Acheli Keh of California in 1996. News reports, however, list Della Corte's age at 62 when she gave birth.

Love2seeClay 02-20-2006 07:48 AM

Wow!

So anyone else got an image of Jack Black going "Coo Coo -Coo Coo" in their heads? :D

I just feel sorry for the kid. Can you imagine? His mother probably won't even make it to his high school graduation. She would be 80 years old.

hblueeyes 02-20-2006 10:22 AM

Granny Mom

I think it is her business. But I am impressed that she has a 48 year old hubby.

Me:grinning-smiley-022

manda40475 02-20-2006 10:24 AM

Yikes! Here I wanted to get all of my child bearing over with before I turned 30. LOL I want to be able to enjoy raising my children and playing with them, ya know? No offense to anyone older that is having kids...just what I decided was best in my situation. I had my first two by the time I turned 21. I'm pregnant with #3 and will give birth roughly 4 months before I turn 29. The age gap is so big because I remarried. LOL

JeffGordonsNo1Fan 02-20-2006 10:28 AM

What The HECK?

What is she thinking? What is he thinking? Can you imagine what her grown kids are thinking? I know what I would be thinking if that was MY mother! boo hoo

Krissy 02-20-2006 10:52 AM

I also have a 15 yr old and just one is a handful much less 12, i don't know how you afford that many :) It is her business but you do have to wonder how the child will grow up with such an older mom. I'm 40 and my own mom isn't even 60 yet.

Vanessa 02-20-2006 12:36 PM

speechless Well.... I guess to each there own.