MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gauchos (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2577)

Christine 02-20-2006 07:30 PM

Gauchos

I can't believe Gauchos are in style again. the last time they were fashionable I was in 8th grade. And yes I had a pair. Yikes
I wonder if high heels, leggings and oversized sweaters are next...speechless

Karen 02-20-2006 07:32 PM

I was walking thru Macy's today and you'll never believe what I saw on a manequin in the jrs dept! Short jean skirt and black leggings underneath! The kind that stop mid calf and have lace trim! Yep, it's all coming back....Now aren't you wishing you saved those neon sweatshirts?!

Lori Ann 02-20-2006 07:40 PM

there is nothing new under the sun......hee, hee, hee

Baby-boomers rule and that's the truth!:thumbsup:

Lori:happysmiley: Ann

Christine 02-20-2006 07:47 PM

I should have saved my Madonna era coned bustier!!!!!!!hahahaha
ps Karen I still have some neon items somewhere. Maybe they will be en vogue and my daughter will use themspeechless

Love2seeClay 02-21-2006 05:07 AM

Are you serious???

Ok I wasn't around for the original gaucho phase - at least if I was I don't remember it! BUT I was a horrible victim of the skirts with the leggings with the lace at the bottom. <shudder> laughingsmilie However, given the choice I'd rather see the teeny boppers wearing leggings than their thong sticking out the back of their pants!:eek:

Rhendi 02-21-2006 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen
I was walking thru Macy's today and you'll never believe what I saw on a manequin in the jrs dept! Short jean skirt and black leggings underneath! The kind that stop mid calf and have lace trim! Yep, it's all coming back....Now aren't you wishing you saved those neon sweatshirts?!

I'm in florida and thats definitely back in style here...been seeing it alot on the teenage girls in the malls and stores!!

:o I bought 2 pairs of the Gauchos a couple weeks ago! They are soo comfortable..I never wore them before now though..I guess it was in style before I was born or maybe when i was little!

JeffGordonsNo1Fan 02-21-2006 10:19 AM

Look at 80's videos?

I was kinda hoping the 80's look would wait a few more years until my daughter was in her early teens...that would be fun to watch!

Have you ever looked back at 80's videos? One of my favorites for fashion was the Lionel Richie videos like 'All Night Long'....those clothes were so 'dope' back in the day! And now I wonder what we were thinking!

I know I might have worn some tight jeans but my skin wasn't showing all the time! Heck I had a carnigan sweater, matching turtleneck and then 2-3 pairs of matching slouch socks on every single day in different patterns and colors...But I agree w/ LOVE2SEECLAY get some clothes on these girls even if they are ugly clothes!