MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Soap Opera Chat Thread (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3070)

Modemouth 02-25-2006 08:51 AM

The Soap Opera Chat Thread

I used to schedule my colege classes around my "soaps". I haven't watched them until recently when...

General Hospital brought back I am hooked again...
the "oldies" are coming back...Robert Scorpio, Holly used to be Scorpio and Luke is still being Luke.

Also, DOOL brought back Caliope Jones. Anyone old enough to remember her? She is playing a wedding planner and has aged really well!clapping

Dru15 02-25-2006 10:07 AM

Days

I remember Caliope. I wonder if Eugene is still in the basement.blue laughing

MGresko 02-25-2006 11:27 AM

I am a Young and Restless and Bold and Beautiful Junkie:happysmiley:

Mary Ann speechless

Smoothlady 02-26-2006 04:45 AM

I used to watch All My Children years ago,
It's been years now since I have watched any soaps...

Modemouth 06-04-2006 01:43 PM

clapping Patch is coming back to DOOL 6/9 and Kayla joins him 6/12!!!:happysmiley: I remember dragging my kids to the mall to see them a couple times. It made the early child rearing years more pleasant. DS has even named his dog Kayla...not sure why.i dunno

martham52 06-04-2006 04:23 PM

The only one I watch now is General Hospital. I've watched it for about 30 years or so. I tivo it so I can watch it without the commercials.

JMBred 06-05-2006 03:23 AM

30 years of General Hospital...scary! Patch and Kayla wow talk about digging up the past, DOOL is the other show I have been watching for 20 years, I do have a life..honest!:0happy0194:

Kelly 06-05-2006 07:10 AM

30 years, wow!!!
that's a long time! that also has to be the longest show running

i have never watched a soap opera a day in my life!

Modemouth 06-05-2006 08:26 AM

General Hospital, the innovative, award-winning drama series, celebrated 43 years of broadcasting on April 1, 2006.

Days of our Lives debuted on November 8, 1965,

The American soap opera The Guiding Light started as a radio drama in January 1937 and subsequently transferred to television. With the exception of several years in the late 1940s when Irna Phillips was in dispute with Procter & Gamble, The Guiding Light has been heard or seen every weekday since it started, making it the longest story ever told. Other American soaps that have been telecast for more than thirty years (and are still in rotation) include As the World Turns, General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, One Life to Live, All My Children, and The Young and the Restless.

WOW!!!!!!! Even I wasn't here in 1937!:0happy0194:

Missy 06-05-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGresko
I am a Young and Restless and Bold and Beautiful Junkie:happysmiley:

Mary Ann speechless

So am I! I don't get to see them often with the kids but I can go 3 months with out watching and be caught back up in one show. hee hee