MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Message Board How-Tos (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What is the calendar for and how do I use it? (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454)

lindsey-star 01-31-2006 10:05 PM

What is the calendar for and how do I use it?

The calandar on this site is a great tool to let people know what is going on in each our lives (birthdays) and in our communities (both online and offline).

Is there a grand opening of a new store, open house at a local retailer or a free family event in your area? Many of these types of events have free samples, giveaways, exclusive bargains, drawings and many other FREE things for you and your family.

To add your event to the list go to the "Calendar" link in the function bar at the top of this page. You will see a page with the current month. At the top of the calendar there are 3 links: Show Today, Monthly View and Add New Event. Monthly View and Add New Event have small arrows next to them that expand to more options if you click them.

Most events added to this calendar will use "Ranged Event," because you want to let people know what time it starts and ends so they can go when the getting is good. :D

Name your event (please add the city and state after the name), select the dates and times of your event and select your local time zone (this will help prevent confusion to others in your area).

In the body, specify exact location, details, what is going to be offered and any other pertinent information that will help decide if someone wants to participate.

If your event happens every day, week, month or year be sure to use "Recurring Event" and start it on the correct day (if applicable) and select how often. It will continue to post this event on the calendar until the date you specify as the "end time."

Please keep all events posted in line with the purpose of this forum! (Don't tell us when your aunt's-mother's-cousin's-sister's anniversary is or when your next dentist appointment is! We love you, but frankly we don't care about that stuff. :D)

Once again, if you have further questions, please reply to this post and I will help you answer them!

Ma Kettle 02-01-2006 12:13 PM

Don't seem to get it..

I can't seem to do it as everyone else does..
Guess I am a dummy at that..
Anyway, I did as you wrote here but still I can seem to get the little cake to show ..Wonder if you can help me??
Thank you for your time in advance..

Ma Kettle

lindsey-star 02-01-2006 12:22 PM

The little cake is for registered members birthdays. Are you trying to add your birthday or someone else's?

If someone else's it will show up on the calendar, but won't have the little cake and that would also be added as a single, all day event.

If your birthday, it should already be on the calender if not, please let me know and I will show you how to change your CP settings to show your birthday.

Hope that helps! :heartssmiley:

Ma Kettle 02-02-2006 03:38 PM

Hi Lindsey,

So far I know that I am registered, I think Karen did it manual for me because I never got the e-mail after I had signed up. The B-day is for me only.

Thanks in Advance
glow Ma Kettle

lindsey-star 02-02-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma Kettle
Hi Lindsey,

So far I know that I am registered, I think Karen did it manual for me because I never got the e-mail after I had signed up. The B-day is for me only.

Thanks in Advance
glow Ma Kettle

Hi Ma!

I was looking at your profile and the reason your birthday didn't show up automatically is because your birthdate and age are hidden.

To change it, you can go to the top of the page here and click on "User CP" in the function bar. On the User CP page click on "Edit Profile" in the list on the left side of the page. On that page at the beginning of all the options there is a spot called "Privacy" select the "Display Age and Date of Birth" then click "Save Changes" at the bottom and your cake will be on the calendar!! clapping

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Ma Kettle 02-03-2006 08:25 PM

Lindsey thank you for all your help...you are the best...

clapping

Ma Kettle

lindsey-star 02-03-2006 08:35 PM

You're welcome ;)