MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Message Board How-Tos (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Not getting response notices (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49230)

meandn 10-15-2007 12:04 PM

Not getting response notices

I'm not sure if this is what they are called, but all of a sudden, I am no longer getting an email note telling me that someone has responded to a post I made. i dunno I checked my settings to see if some how they had changed, and it still shows that I want to be notified. I will still occasionally get one for something from way back, like the "last person to post in this thread" one but not any for recent post that I have made. I have had to go to the forum and find my posts to see if I have a response. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Karen 10-15-2007 12:28 PM

Sometimes those automatically generated emails are filtered out as spam. They could be in your spam folder or they could be getting deleted automatically by your isp and not getting to you at all. I'm sorry. :(

meandn 10-15-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 328845)
Sometimes those automatically generated emails are filtered out as spam. They could be in your spam folder or they could be getting deleted automatically by your isp and not getting to you at all. I'm sorry. :(

Well, shoot! I always check my Spam before I delete and they are not going there. I hope AOL isn't getting "creative" again. I will have to complain. What could I add to my "approved list" so my program would allow them? BTW, I did not get this in my email box, either!

Karen 10-15-2007 05:24 PM

Try adding webmaster@mybargainbuddy.com. That might help. :)

meandn 10-16-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 328995)
Try adding webmaster@mybargainbuddy.com. That might help. :)

Thanks, Karen, I'll give it a try!

Kelly 10-18-2007 10:05 PM

i also get emails from way back when i clicked on the box to subscribe to have a notice sent when someone responded in a thread i posted in. but after the site started picking up i had to change that because i was getting hundreds of emails a day. i still get some from a couple from a long time ago and i think it's cuz it was before i had changed my settings. but i think your problem is what karen said, spam filter. if you have another email address maybe you should change it. aol is terrible in my opinion. i got rid of it. nothing but problems for me.

nipper357 10-26-2007 08:51 PM

same here AOL was more trouble than it was worth. It seemed to have a mind of its own with our email. I would get some and not others. I complained to AOL and they returned 5 months of my monthly payments.:smileyorange: I was shocked I didn't have to fight. I couldn't do anything with my computer once I downloaded the AOL software.That IS some powerful software and can do much damage. It'll NEVER be on anymore of my computers!!!!! So be careful people. And its not easy to get rid of either. :bye_smiley: :bye_smiley:

Karen 10-26-2007 09:14 PM

I really like www.gmail.com. If a newsletter you want goes to your spam folder, you click a "not spam" button, then it goes into your inbox everytime after that. It is really good at filtering out the real spam.