MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trick or Treat...... (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50066)

Kathy 10-27-2007 08:36 PM

Trick or Treat......

It's that time of year.......what are you giving to the little ghouls and goblins that visit your house?

We are big on treats for the kids. I want kids to grow up remembering the lady that gave out huge treat bags!

This year we are giving away pretzels, sour gummi worms, a Jolly Rancher sucker, a glow in the dark bracelet, and a Hi-C box that's decorated for Halloween. Each child that visits gets all of the above.

Kathy

tjsmom 10-27-2007 09:32 PM

I'll be busy taking my son out trick or treating, so I won't be able to pass anything out.
I take him to the fire stations in town so he can see the fire trucks as well as get candy. Then we go to my grandma's house and she gives him a few pieces of candy. Then we go to a coworker's house and a few of her neighbors. When he gets a little older we may branch out and let him go to more places. But since we are rural I have to drive everywhere. There's just so much you can take of getting out, adjusting his costume, remembering the treat bag then getting the candy, getting back in the car and driving to the next house. Good thing its only once a year. lol

tjsmom 10-27-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy in Greendale (Post 333799)
It's that time of year.......what are you giving to the little ghouls and goblins that visit your house?

We are big on treats for the kids. I want kids to grow up remembering the lady that gave out huge treat bags!

This year we are giving away pretzels, sour gummi worms, a Jolly Rancher sucker, a glow in the dark bracelet, and a Hi-C box that's decorated for Halloween. Each child that visits gets all of the above.

Kathy

We had this couple who used to put a quarter in their bag of candy. To this day they are the only people I remember from when I used to go trick or treating when I was younger.

Christine 10-27-2007 09:40 PM

Assorted full sided goodies.
For the smaller kids I have Happy meal toys, pretzles and play doh

Dru15 10-27-2007 09:57 PM

I give full size Hershey Bars every year.

Karen 10-27-2007 10:00 PM

Wow! I'm going trick or treating on Kathy's street! We usually have over 100 trick or treaters so I just give out basic fun size candy bars and have a back up bag of cheap candy (suckers and tootsie rolls).

emtluvs2cook 10-28-2007 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy in Greendale (Post 333799)

Kathy

Can I come to your house? I remember when we were little , there was an elderly woman that lived in our hollow named Mrs. Stress. She always had the very best treats and all home made. Popcorn balls, fudge, huge cookies. Back then you could get homemade treats. She was a wonderful person to all the kids in the neighborhood even when we were just out playing.

I am giving out little hersheys, whoppers, and little toys and pencils. But, we probably wont get but about 15 kids. Nobody wants to walk up the hill to my house. i dunno

Kathy 10-28-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 333858)
Wow! I'm going trick or treating on Kathy's street! We usually have over 100 trick or treaters so I just give out basic fun size candy bars and have a back up bag of cheap candy (suckers and tootsie rolls).

Come on over! I plan for 100, and usually go to a large bag of back up candy. Even then I use most of it up. I think I'm getting the reputation that I wanted!

Kathy

Modemouth 10-28-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru15 (Post 333853)
I give full size Hershey Bars every year.

Me too and I still remember the CO neighbors who gave those to my kids every year.

Our new construction neighborhood sure has expanded so I am expecting a lot of kids. :D

tressa_4 10-28-2007 05:26 PM

We live out in the country. I think in 25 years, we've had maybe 8 trick or treaters. So I pretty much hand out any candy that's in the house if anyone by chance stumbles by the house. I figure if it ever comes down to it, I do have jars of change I'm saving....