MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Any LifeLock members out there?? (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)

pepper60 02-13-2008 04:56 AM

Any LifeLock members out there??

Lifelock is the relatively new company that has ads with the
guy giving out his real SS # to prove they can protect your identity
and a provide other services.

Are any of our MBBers members? Would like your comments.

Kathy 02-13-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper60 (Post 400213)
Lifelock is the relatively new company that has ads with the
guy giving out his real SS # to prove they can protect your identity
and a provide other services.

Are any of our MBBers members? Would like your comments.

These commercials have been out for quite awhile now. He ran them last year, and lately they've been on the tv again. I would be interested as well.

pepper60 02-13-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy in Greendale (Post 400227)
These commercials have been out for quite awhile now. He ran them last year, and lately they've been on the tv again. I would be interested as well.

Oh, well, I've only recently seen them but it looks interesting.

tressa_4 02-14-2008 10:59 AM

Everytime it comes on, my dh gets so annoyed that he wishes someone WOULD steal the guy's SSN. :D

pepper60 02-14-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tressa_4 (Post 401481)
Everytime it comes on, my dh gets so annoyed that he wishes someone WOULD steal the guy's SSN. :D

From what I've heard, many have tried and failed.

MagiePerdu 02-14-2008 11:30 AM

Actually, it sounds very intriguing, but I wonder if they do any more for you than you can do for yourself? (Get in touch with Experian, et al and tell them NOT to give out your info and I can't remember what all else, but I think there's a post or 2 about it in Chit-Chat).

Emmie 02-14-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagiePerdu (Post 401505)
Actually, it sounds very intriguing, but I wonder if they do any more for you than you can do for yourself? (Get in touch with Experian, et al and tell them NOT to give out your info and I can't remember what all else, but I think there's a post or 2 about it in Chit-Chat).

Yes you can do it yourself, I called 1 of the credit agencies and put a block on my information as I was a victim of attempted idenity theft, they in turn notified the rest, now if anyone tries to get credit in my name if I am not notified, I am not responsible, I did some detecive work on my own and actually came up with the address of the thief from Little Rock, Arkansas I called the detectives there and got the run around there is so much fraud they said they dont have the manpower to keep up with it, How I found out was someone tried to open a credit card online with my name & info, I received a letter from the bank for this cc asking if I applied online, I called them up and after a few calls I was able to get a name & address, I have never been to Little Rock, or anyone in my family, one day I was paying my cell phone bill and lo and behold it was being sent to Little Rock, I remember calling the cell phone provider one day as I was having difficulty setting up an online account, Bingo that was it, I did report my suspicions to the phone company fraud dept and I have never had a problem again, So why pay someone when you can do it yourself

tjsmom 02-14-2008 09:07 PM

I handle the credit applications for financing at my store. During Christmas shopping time, we had a customer who had his declined. He was furious because he claims he had good credit. The finance company we go thru told me had had a freeze on his acct and they couldn't access it to run his credit.
When I then told the customer he had a freeze he told me he had called the company he goes thru and since it was a holiday the normal 3 days it takes was turning into a week. Turns out the freeze he had placed caused so much of a headache not only for him, but for us and the finance company. It literally took days for the issue to be resolved. And I guess you pay like $10 a month or something to do this. I guess its nice if you are never going to need to access your credit again.

MagiePerdu 02-14-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsmom (Post 402052)
When I then told the customer he had a freeze he told me he had called the company he goes thru and since it was a holiday the normal 3 days it takes was turning into a week. Turns out the freeze he had placed caused so much of a headache not only for him, but for us and the finance company. It literally took days for the issue to be resolved. And I guess you pay like $10 a month or something to do this. I guess its nice if you are never going to need to access your credit again.

You gotta pay for them NOT to hand out your info to everyone who asks?? Now, THAT'S a game that make any consumer a loser!! I don't like it! :smileyredthumbsdown

BUT, GOOD ON YA for looking it up and telling the credit cards not to give away your info and for tracking down the l'il booger that had your info (did you ever find out HOW?) BTW, did you call the consumer fraud division of the District Attorney's office. . .maybe they would be willing to go after the l'il snert!

Emmie 02-15-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsmom (Post 402052)
I handle the credit applications for financing at my store. During Christmas shopping time, we had a customer who had his declined. He was furious because he claims he had good credit. The finance company we go thru told me had had a freeze on his acct and they couldn't access it to run his credit.

I only have a block if someone tries to open credit in my name and there is no charge in Massachusetts, maybe in other states, I have not had one problem since I put the block on and I use my card for everything to get the reward points, we do not carry a balance we pay in full each month last year we got a check for $500 for using the card, I know this dosen't work for everyone but it works for us