MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Studies & Surveys (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Participate in a study done over the phone! (Anywhere) (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69801)

SNOWBEAR3 07-09-2008 06:46 PM

Participate in a study done over the phone! (Anywhere)

You must be working to do this one.

Reply to: comm-748451979@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-09, 2:08PM EDT

Feeling down or stressed? Experiencing problems at home or at work?

You may be eligible to participate in a research study that is testing a completely automated telephone system that screens people for emotional distress and offers advice.

Compensation is $100.
For more information, see http://www.misu.bmc.org/mentalhealth
If interested, call 617-638-5640 and leave a message with your contact information.

1-866-243-1369 (if you are calling from outside of Massachusetts
Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA

pepper60 07-10-2008 02:32 AM

This study involves research on a computer-based telephone
system (TLC-Detect) that screens Boston Medical Center, Boston University, and Florida Power and Light Company employees for mental health distress, educates them about getting treatment, and follows up with them up to a 6 month period.

You are being asked to participate in this research study because you are a Boston Medical Center, Boston University, or Florida
Power and Light Company employee.

Your participation in this study will last up to 6 months.

If they think you are "in distress", they have the right to give your information to the proper authorities and have you carted off to the loony bin!!!!
Read the consent form!!!! The study goes on for months. $50 when you complete the first part, and $50 when you complete the second. There are several phone calls involved and the first one is 2 hours in length.

SNOWBEAR3 07-10-2008 02:46 AM

[QUOTE

If they think you are "in distress", they have the right to give your information to the proper authorities and have you carted off to the loony bin!!!!
.[/quote]

Being under stress or having a mental ILLNess is like a physical illness. This does not imply that someone is "looney" or belongs in a "looney bin". This is a disservice to call someone with stress or mental problems "looney". Just my opinion! Irene

pepper60 07-10-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNOWBEAR3 (Post 502761)
[QUOTE

Being under stress or having a mental ILLNess is like a physical illness. This does not imply that someone is "looney" or belongs in a "looney bin". This is a disservice to call someone with stress or mental problems "looney". Just my opinion! Irene[/quote]

I agree....that's why I wanted to post that info so peope would know
what they might be getting into if they register for this one.

SNOWBEAR3 07-10-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper60 (Post 502755)
This study involves research on a computer-based telephone
system (TLC-Detect) that screens Boston Medical Center, Boston University, and Florida Power and Light Company employees for mental health distress, educates them about getting treatment, and follows up with them up to a 6 month period.

You are being asked to participate in this research study because you are a Boston Medical Center, Boston University, or Florida
Power and Light Company employee.

Your participation in this study will last up to 6 months.

Read the consent form!!!! The study goes on for months. $50 when you complete the first part, and $50 when you complete the second. There are several phone calls involved and the first one is 2 hours in length.

I believe the consent froms says if you are in danger of harming yourself or others.......help will be provided immediately. Does not state you will "be hauled off to the looney bin"....whatever that is. I find the term "looney bin" offensive and it is things like this that keep people from getting the help they need.

pepper60 07-10-2008 01:19 PM

Those are not my words.....a friend investigated this offer further
and sent those comments to me so I thought I'd pass them along
to anyone interested in this.

If her comments offend anyone, I'll let her know on your behalf.
Just PM me.