Oatmeal Nut Pie
OATMEAL NUT PIE
One 9-inch single Flaky Pie Crust rolled out, fitted into a pie plate,
and edge trimmed and crimped
4 large eggs, well beaten
1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon maple-flavored extract
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the crust and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, both sugars, butter, and milk
until well mixed.
3. Stir in the flour, extracts, and corn syrup until well mixed.
4. Blend in the oats, pecans, and coconut.
5. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
6. To give it a nice little edge, place your left index finger and your
right thumb (turned sideways) on the border of the pie crust at a
7. Gently push your thumb against your index finger to form a pretty slanting ridge all around the pie.
8. Place in the oven and bake until the filling is nice and golden, 45
to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
I make this one a lot but dont put nuts in it as my kids dont like them.. you can also add in choc. chips too... yummo! :thumbsup:
This sounds wonderful....esp with oatmeal and coconut
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:27 AM.|