Serves 4 to 6
2 1/2 to 3 pounds flank steak
1 onion, small dice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Fresh lime juice from 1 to 2 limes
8 to 10 flour tortillas
3 cups red chile or red enchilada sauce (tested with El Pato brand Chile Colorado enchilada sauce)
2 cups Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded, or 1 cup Cheddar and 1 cup Monterey Jack
* Generously squeeze lime juice onto both sides of flank steak. Cover and refrigerate steak overnight.
* Cut steak across the grain into thin strips. In a skillet, saute diced onion and steak in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until steak is desired doneness.
* Warm the enchilada sauce. Dip the tortillas in the sauce one at a time.
* Place the tortillas on a plate and fill each down the center with steak and onions. Fold each tortilla over filling and place in a casserole dish.
* Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top and cover with the cheese.
* Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until cheese is melted and enchiladas are hot, about 15 minutes.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:28 PM.|