MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Thinking of changing my website...any suggestions? (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84594)

Baby Girl Minxie 03-20-2009 01:22 AM

Thinking of changing my website...any suggestions?

I'm thinking of changing up the website for my business. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been thinking about this for a while now and ran through so many possibilities that my mind is now mush. i dunno

Just looking for a little outside feedback. The website is: www.babygirlminxiedesigns.com

Thanks!

Amy

alice 03-20-2009 11:56 AM

Hi Amy,

Just at a brief glance...I might lighten it up some. My eyes aren't that great any more but it's sometimes hard to read dark backgrounds. I'm surprised you did that...usually I've called that a "guy thing"! Otherwise, it looks beautiful to me! :thumbsup:

Sugar 03-20-2009 12:12 PM

First of all, I really like the concept of your business. I think your text is great! It really makes me think...I need this, I need someone to create this for me. I'm too busy and my photos are piling in a box so I would love for someone to put a scrapbook together and organize my photos. I do agree with Alice, it's a little dark in my opinion too. Like I said, the wording is good but a lighter background would be nice. Good Luck! I think you're off to a great start!!!

Christine 03-20-2009 09:40 PM

I liked when you click on a pic and the scrapbook turns it pages:thumbsup:

Nan 03-21-2009 12:11 AM

I too think it looks a little dark - almost goth in a way. That's perfect if your clients mainly enjoy goth art work, but it seems that you want to appeal to a variety of clients. You might also want to have the pages seen larger. I feel I am missing your craftsmanship in the smaller pics.

Do you offer package deals whereby someone can request a few pages to celebrate a life event? Like a birth or graduation? In today's economy, I would think that a 3 page package might be a great way to continue to add to the family album. in my business, we are doing okay with the small jobs, since the large ones are further apart.

MagiePerdu 03-21-2009 05:35 AM

Amy, very creative, nice pages! Tho, I too am no longer a kid and felt the eyestrain a bit. Also, Nan had a great suggestion about the "package" deals. Hope you do very well! :thumbsup:

beanie 03-22-2009 10:06 AM

Love it all, except it is too dark. Just lighten it up some, and you should be good to go!! Good luck..

Baby Girl Minxie 03-22-2009 10:40 AM

Thanks so much for all the feedback. I will lighten up the website. I went with the red & black because those are my colors (everything I do is red & black) and it also incorporates with the business logos. I'll try with different shades and see if that works better.

I hadn't thought of offering package deals only because believe it or not, there's not much profit to be made in doing this by the time you factor in time & cost of the pages.

It is something to consider though. Thanks so much!

alice 03-22-2009 02:17 PM

they are beautiful colors! nan had it right...it was goth. us old farts aren't familiar with that too much.... :)

xavirose 03-22-2009 11:03 PM

Your website looks great! A couple of minor typos, though: under "About me", exiting should be exciting, and under "Pricing", chose should be choose.

Also, on the Home page you use the phrase "over a friend's house" (which we use here in Chicago, too) but you might want to change it to "visited a friend" or something like that to make it less regional.

Great looking scrapbooks, btw! Congrats on your business and best of luck for much success....:thumbsup: