MyBargainBuddy Forums

MyBargainBuddy Forums (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help Me (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Office Depot- 3 days delivery pending (http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98843)

momnick8 12-14-2010 08:52 PM

Office Depot- 3 days delivery pending

Ordered three items online early Black Friday from Office Depot (11/26). Used a gift card and wasn't charged shipping. It says next to the "3 days delivery pending" the date of 12/1/10. I thought I might be picking it up at the store, but it gives my address. I emailed them, but after googling Office Depot and "delivery pending" I got a lot of bad feedback- mostly that people were told that the items were out of stock and couldn't be re-ordered, or that it was being shipped by a third party and it wasn't Office Depot's fault, or that they would just cancel your order. The main thing was a special on a digital camera for my daughter. That's one of her top requested items and the closest in price now is for about $30-$40 more. It's almost 3 weeks since I ordered.

Anybody had this happen to them?

lionsrule2004 12-15-2010 04:23 AM

You should call them & find out what is going on with the order asap, that way you can know for sure.

Their # is: 1 800 GO DEPOT

Good luck

momnick8 12-16-2010 05:26 PM

They called me. Said it was being shipped by another vendor and it would be a month from the date they called this week!!! She tried to take off the memory card so that could be re-bought and shipped now, but I used a gift card and she couldn't do it. The camera was the main deal and I can't get one at that price now. I am going to have to put a certificate in my daughter's gifts telling her she can use my camera until hers arrives.

gayle 12-16-2010 06:40 PM

So sorry Nancy that you won't get the camera for your daughter in time for Christmas :smileyhugs:

Nan 12-17-2010 10:07 PM

I quit dealing with Office Depot online when they started charging about $10 to take online copy orders. You used to could email a document into to the store and it was ready when you got there. Now it's like $9.98 even if your order only totals $3.00! So much easier at the store. I don't trust the Black Friday online deals to much. I'd rather stand in line and get what I want.

momnick8 01-04-2011 10:30 PM

Checked again after Christmas and it appeared the order was cancelled, but no one had told me. Emailed and someone called back when I wasn't home and my hubby gave me a name and number to call. I got a different rep and ended up staying on the phone with him for about an hour as I went shopping in different stores. I think I would have been able to reorder with a credit card, but since I had used a gift card and couldn't find it, and I was persistant, we finally got a better deal at no extra cost.

Katie got a red Kodak Easy Share camera for the original $39.99 ($69.99 online), we got the upgraded Seagate Hard Drive for $59.99 that was being advertised last week for $89.99 and we got the 4GB memory card for $7.99 ($24 online). And best of all, it all came in Monday, just four days after the order was made. And no shipping costs. Also I checked, and they kept my Worklife Rewards points from the original order. So I am happy and Katie is happy! clapping