View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer
Default Dairy Queen - How Rude! LOL

This is kinda irritating, but funny as well. Where I work is literally about a one minute drive from a Dairy Queen. I drove up there today for lunch and went through the drive thru. I ordered, the person repeated my order, and I said, "Yes, ma'am". They then told me what my total was and I drove to the 1st window. I'm sitting there digging through my change when the person says, "That will be $6.43 ma'am...I mean SIR." I looked up and there's this boy standing there and I realize this must be the person I called ma'am. I quickly say, "Oh, I'm sorry", to which he said NOTHING...only continued to look down his puny little nose at me.

At first I was slightly embarrassed, but then I got a bit irritated. How DARE he call me SIR? Is it my fault that the speaker was reallyyyy low and he has such a soft sounding voice that I thought it was a female? I was trying to be nice by saying "ma'am" instead of just "yeah". It's not like he was standing right in front of me...I mean he could clearly see I was a woman when I pulled up to the window. The nerve of these little snot nosed punks. LOL I guess it was my fault for calling him "ma'am", but geez...no need to get rude about it.

I come back to work and told my supervisor. He was like, "I wonder if that's the kid that always waits on me when I'm down there. I never could decide if it was a boy or girl." hahahahaha! Lesson learned - Don't bother calling anyone ma'am OR sir...you might offend someone. speechless