Here's a few:
1.Use prescription bottles to hold nails and screws - the clear bottles let you see what's inside. They also work well as travel containers for toiletries.
2. Rub a smelly dog with a used dryer sheet - it freshens them up. (but don't use a new one)
3. Glue a button to the bottom of a chair leg to keep it from scratching the floor.
4. put a washer inside the rubber tip of a chair leg to keep the leg from wearing through the rubber.
5. Save pretty bottles (wine, oil, etc.), wash well and use to store mouthwash, astringent, etc. in your bathroom.
6. Before discarding old clothes, remove the buttons for use on other items or craft projects.
7. Pretty skirts or the bottom half of a dress can make a great table skirt. Just put it around a table, add a topper and you have an instant designer look.
8. Put your favorite scent or oil on a cotton ball and tuck in a corner or under your car seat for a personalized air freshener.
9. Wrap table linens around an empty wrapping paper tube to keep them crease free.
10. Don't spend money on coloring books. They don't foster creativity. Use the back side of junk mail and let them draw their own pictures.
11. Use junk mail envelopes to right your grocery list on - tuck your coupons inside.
12.Terra cotta pots can be used to hold all kinds of things. They can be painted or papered or you can add stickers or fabric. Make a personalized desk set as a gift. Cover your artwork with Modge Podge or other waterproof sealer to protect it.
13. Small plastic craft organizers or tackle boxes (the little divided ones) make great travel jewelry boxes.
14.Run the flame of a cigarette lighter over a stubborn label or price tag just long enough to heat the glue. The tag will peel right off.
15.A small drawstring tote bag make a great tool bag for your vehicle. I have had one in my truck for 7 years! It takes up less room than a tool box.
16. Store appliance cords or small extension cords in a toilet paper tube.