Thai-Style Pumpkin Soup
Preparation - 10 min
| Cooking - 10 min
| Yields - 4
Fresh ginger and creamy peanut butter lend a distinct Thai flavor to this soup. Serve with a mixed green salad and mango slices drizzled with honey.
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (11.5 fluid ounces) mango nectar
- 3 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
water, pumpkin, nectar, bouillon, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
in peanut butter, vinegar, green onion and 1 tablespoon
cilantro. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until soup returns to a boil. Stir in evaporated milk. Sprinkle with remaining
cilantro before serving.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
as above; do not sprinkle with remaining
cilantro. Cool soup completely. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.