07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a blender or food processor, combine the orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest, olive oil, garlic and salt. Be careful with the salt - the shrimp really suck it up! Cover, and puree until smooth.
- Place shrimp in a bowl, and pour the citrus marinade over them. Let them marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the shrimp about 3 minutes per side, in batches if necessary, until opaque. Spoon a little of the marinade in with them for extra flavor while they cook if you like.
“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”