View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default What's on your Turkey-Day Menu?

OK, I'm officially stressed. There's just the 2 of us and the traditional Thanksgiving feast generally gets wasted, even if we share or invite a few people over and load them up with leftovers to take home. The S.O. gets upset at "wasting" so much food and money. Sometimes we just pack it all up in the fridge and wait for it to go bad so we can throw it away with a less guilty conscience!

We've eaten out a time or 2, but it just doesn't seem like a real Thanksgiving to me! He doesn't like Marie Callendars (I LOVE it!) or the cafeteria and other eat-out type options are severely holiday-handicapped. I've decied to try making just a turkey breast and a couple of legs, homemade cranberry relish, smashed potatoes, a veggie and dessert and forego all the other sides and yummies. It still seems to be a less than spectacular menu, but at least we won't have to feel guilty about either consuming it ALL or NOT consuming it all! I've been freakin' LOSING SLEEP over how to deal with the menu this year!

What's everyone else doing?