View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I am working and cooking this Thanksgiving as I will have the kids
I plan on putting the turkey in before I leave for work.....when I come home I want to do things as easily as possible......anyone have easy stuffing/potatoe and veggie recipes? I will make the desserts on Tuesday.

I will be introducing the man I have been dating to the kids next week too......whew!! Talk about stress.....ha
I guess you could say you have a LOT to be thankful for, Christine!

As for a quick dressing. . .how about Sandra Lee's Quick Cornbread Dressing? You buy the cornbread already made, so don't have to mix it or wait for it to bake. I know Walmart also sells veggies already chopped too!:

Ingredients

1 large egg
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound store bought cornbread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup frozen diced onions, thawed
2 tablespoons Italian herb marinade mix (recommended: Durkee Grill Creations)
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
1 (14.75-ounce) can cream style sweet corn
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a small bowl beat 1 egg with the chicken broth. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients and egg mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour.

And, as for potatoes, how about just buying a bag of those already cleaned little red potatoes and popping them in the oven to roast at the same time as the turkey?