View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
More sweetcorn than a human should ever eat.......Amazingly good corn here this year. Pretty good when you can eat it 15 minutes after you pick it.....I've had sweetcorn in IA,MO,CA,NV,AR,TX,SD and Mexico and never had as good as here...........
My work has a made-in-the-state farmers market every friday for a couple of hours. Last week, they had a whole sackful of corn for $15, or 3 ears for $1!! I bought myself and the ladies I work with corn. . .one of them told me that they had worms in some of their ears. I told 'em I'd rather pick a worm or two than choke down pesticides and other chemicals. . .nonetheless, its just a hazard of the "homegrown' veggies. . . The S.O. would eat fresh picked corn right off the stalk if he could! When I bring home that farmer's market corn, he doesn't even wanna wait for me to cook it & will eat it just warmed, or even not warmed!