View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
Christine, are their any industries around you large enough to have a plant nurse? All of the refineries around here have a nurse on staff and because of the nature of the possible injuries, the usually want some one with lots of experience. Also, there are many fields where your degree would be beneficial that aren't nursing. When I worked for a counseling agency, two of our case managers were actually nurses. The Autism Support program was one of these programs. Because the case mgr was a nurse, she knew much more about the medical challenges and needs of the clients.

Just because want ads ask for a certain type of degree should not keep you from applying for a job you think you wold like.

Trust me Nan, I've been applying.....I have done the case managing applications too. Seems that everything over here requires extra certification. I don't want to spend money on the certifications unless I get a job.
I am still looking though.