View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2acat View Post
One Glorious Ambition: The Compassionate Crusade of Dorothea Dix, a novel by Jane Kirkpatrick; I received a free advance copy from Random House Reader's Circle.
Finished this yesterday, (there was a widespread power outage yesterday, between 1pm-8pm, nothing to do but read! ). Awesome story! The author really brought her to life, I knew a little about Dorthea Dix before reading this, but I didn't realize what an impact her efforts on behalf of how the mentally ill are treated were.

Now reading Silver Orphan by Martine Lacombe; the author saw my review of Water for Elephants on Goodreads; she liked that book and liked my review, and she offered to send me a free copy of Silver Orphans, thinking I would enjoy it, and only asks for an honest review of it on Amazon in return.