Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Big Buddy

samamfee has a lot of fanssamamfee has a lot of fanssamamfee has a lot of fans
Default wet ipod

My son worked allday yesterday with his ipod in his pocket. It got soaked with sweat vand won'tv work now. I need any advise to help him get it working again. I feel very sorry for him since he paid $399.00 for it with his own money.It hurts me too since I'm his mom and I can't fix it,; thats what were supposed to do.He has a job in a factory where 100 degrees is the low end of where the temp starts in that building. Please help . Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:09 PM

Mary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to all

I think I read somewhere that you can put it in a jar or bowl
of uncooked rice overnight, and that will absorb the moisture.

Does he have insurance on it?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

let us know if anything helps fix it........................
Old 08-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Big Buddy

samamfee has a lot of fanssamamfee has a lot of fanssamamfee has a lot of fans
0sign0037

He tried the rice thingy but it did't fix it. It still would not work. He took it to a computer place here and they could not get to work either. Thankx for teying to help. I guess he'll have to by a new one. Maybe he'll take care of the next one better.I hope.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I searched and found a couple of ideas. Several people suggested to leave it in your car (out of direct sunlight) during the heat of the day. Another suggested a blow dryer on low and one mom said her son's went through the washer and she suspended it over a lampshade with a 40 watt bulb in the lamp. All of the sites said that not turning it on was the key because the internal damage occured when electricity flowed through the water and shorted the circuits. You can send it to Apple for repair. It might be cheaper than buying a new one.

Last edited by Nan : 08-05-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:42 PM
New Buddy

thefree1956 is a brand new buddy

When you put it in Rice you have to leave it for 2 weeks. I have saved two phones this way.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Glad to know that it takes that long. I probably would not left it that long.