03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Too Easy Cheesy Tuna Melts
- 1 (6.4 ounce) packet of tuna
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese ( I used shredded cheddar)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can refrigerated large flaky biscuits (about 8 biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In skillet, warm olive oil on medium high heat. Add onion, celery, and green pepper. Saute until tender. Add tuna. Reduce heat to low.
- Add Velveeta and mayonnaise, stir until cheese is melted.
- Roll out each biscuit into a 6 inch circle. Place 1/2 cup tuna mixture on each dough circle; fold over and press edges to close.
- Seal by pressing along edges with a fork if desired. Arrange on cookie sheets. Bake 13 minutes or until golden.
"resident shameless hussie"