Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Big Buddy

JeffGordonsNo1Fan is a jewel in the rough
Talking Pampered Chef Flute Pan...

Went to a Pampered Chef Party over the weekend, and was talking to consultant about WHY they do not have -in all of their cookbook lines- a cookbook for the stoneware and the microwave...Well, she must have felt sorry for me because hse sent me all of these cakes to cook in my Stoneware Fluted pan in the microwave....CAKE IN THE MICROWAVE? Ewwww...but I swear girls, these are GREAT! Enjoy

JUST FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:

1. Spray or bush STONEWARE FLUTED PAN with oil.
2. Mix slightly beaten eggs and pie filling in BATTER BOWL.
3. Add cake mix, blending well with MIX 'N SCRAPER.
4. Drop batter into pan and microwave 12 minutes.
5. Cool 2 minutes and invert onto platter.

If you do not have a carousel in your microwave, rotate cake halfway through cooking time. Garnish with icing, whipped topping, powdered sugar, chopped nuts, or try plain! Use your imagination!
• Try these variations:

• CHERRY CHOCOLATE
• 1 chocolate cake mix
• 1 can prepared cherry pie filling
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
• Top with fudge frosting, grated chocolate or above ideas

• RAGING RED RASPBERRY
• 1 white or chocolate cake mix
• 1 can raspberry pie filling
• 3 eggs
• Top with grated chocolate or above

• LUSCIOUS LEMON
• 1 lemon or white cake mix
• 1 can lemon pie filling
• 3 eggs
• Top with lemon glaze and whipped topping

• BANANA BANANA
• 1 banana cake mix
• 1 can banana cream filling or 14 oz. mashed bananas
• 3 eggs
• Top with powdered sugar glaze & walnuts

• PUMPKIN CARAMEL
• 1 spice cake mix
• 1 small can pumpkin
• 3 eggs
• ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
• Drizzle with caramel.
• Top with cool whip & cinnamon sugar

• APPLE CINNAMON SPICE
• 1 spice or butter pecan cake mix
• 1 can prepared apple pie filling
• 3 eggs
• Drizzle with caramel or cinnamon sugar

Turtle Cake (because CHOCOLATE is my birthstone!)When this you eat, think of me! 1 devil's food cake mix1 jar caramel ice cream topping (NO syrup)1 cup water3 eggs (can use egg beaters)1 cup sour creamnuts (in the south, we use PECANS!) Whisk cake mix with water, eggs, and sour cream until well-blended.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT USE ELECTRIC MIXER!!
Set aside. Lube StonewareFluted Panwith a little veggie oil or (I use) Butter-Flavored Crisco sticks. CHOPpecans until you have 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped and sprinkle in bottom ofpan.Pour cake batter on top. Pour caramel ice cream topping around andaround ontop of cake batter, being careful not to touch the sides or post of thepan.Put in microwave with turn-table and nuke at 50% power for 9 minutes and 100% power for 8 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes or until cake pulls awayfromedges. Loosen with cake tester or skinny scraper and flip out onto thenewcake platter.The caramel sinks to the bottom and blends with the nuts to make icing.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Big Buddy

JMBred is a jewel in the rough
Default Wow, now I wanna...

buy the pan...some great ideas there.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Big Buddy

I didn't think I would use it, but I actually do quite a bit...having to wait 12 minutes for a cake is much better than 45 minutes! I bought mine in September when all the stoneware was on 'sale' of course!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Big Buddy

Talking

Hey guys,
I thought I would let you know I tried the Chocolate/cherry recipie last night. . . and man was it ever good! I also added the 1 cup of milk cocolate chips to it and it only added to the goodness.

It took exactly 15 minutes from entering the kitchen, to pulling it out of the microwave...so so so good.

I was worried about not adding the oil, I was a bit confused the way she wrote out the recipie for me, but nope...3 eggs, 1 can of filling and the cake mix...sweet, cheap, hot and fast...my kind of stuff.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:20 AM
New Buddy

stayingathome is a jewel in the rough
Default Even more fluted pan recipes!!

Yep, I'm a Director with PC, and I love my fluted pan! All of those cakes are so yummy. My personal favorite is a german chocolate cake mix, topped with the coconut chocolate frosting. It's so cool how the frosting goes to the bottom, so it's on top when you dump it out!

My next favorite thing to do is put a whole chicken on the fluted pan with the post inside the cavity and sprinkled with seasoning. Then, you put the fresh cut veggies inside and the drippings from the chicken cook the veggies. It is SO tender, juicy and the skin cooks so crisp. YUM!

Here are a few more fluted pan recipes:

The basis is the same for all of these cakes.
3 eggs
8oz. sour cream
1c. water
chocolate cake mix
For a simple one just do the basic cake and add 1c. choc chips or any kind of chips. This is very moist and doesn't even need a frosting.

Praline Chocolate Cake
In bottom of fluted stone pour in one cup of pecans. Mix the basic cake, and pour over the pecans. Then pour one whole jar of caramel ice cream topping over top, and try not to let in touch the sides.

Reese's Peanut Butter Surprise Chocolate Cake
Mix basic cake, pour half of batter in fluted stone. Then put in 10-12 mini Reeses peanut butter cups. Then the other half of batter. Bake and then turn out. Put 1/2c. creamy peanut butter in micro cook and micro for 30 seconds. Use your v shaped cutter and drizzle over cake. Then melt 2 regular size Hershey bars with 1t. veg. oil in micro cooker for 30 seconds, drizzle over top of peanut butter.

Decadent Strawberry Chocolate Cake
Bake a basic choc. micro cake in fluted stone. Turn out and cool.
Then cut in half from horizontally. Take off top half and set aside. Cover with about 2 inches of cool whip and top with fresh strawberries. Put other half of cake on top. Using Easy Accent Decorator, Pipe some mounds around top, like about 8 of them. Then I melt a square of choc. bark in micro cooker and put wax paper on counter or to do it faster over the cold chillzanne platter. Let harden and then break into 3 inch jagged pieces. Stick them into cake between whip cream mounds, sticking up in the air. Then garnish with more strawberries, and sprinkle powdered sugar over the whole thing.

Pumpkin Variation
1 spice cake mix
3 eggs
1 c. water
1 small can of pumpkin.
Mix, micro, and while still warm spread a can of cream cheese frosting over the top.
You could garnich with some pecans too.

For all of these cakes micro 12 minutes if they have a turn table, or 6 and then turn and another 6. Now peoples microwaves are different, so the way to tell when it's done, is that it will still look a little moist on top like it's not done, but if it has pulled away from the sides and a little moist on top, then it's done. Always let them set for 2 minutes before turning over onto a plate. I don't spray my seasoned stone at all.

Enjoy!!!
Tracy Ryle
Old 02-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Big Buddy

THANKS TRACY!!!!

I had been to a party that did the peanut butter cup one before but had lost that recipie! I love it! And I am going to try that chicken idea this week! (How long do you cook the chicken?)