Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer
Angry Ever been chased by a cow..or any other animal???

I have had this cow for 3 years, she is a real you know what and I have gave all I can to her to tame her down, even had her eating cake (beef cubes, I call it cake) out of my hand. She in the past has attacked me on my 4-wheeler and has chased me 2 times before right after I first got her. Well TONIGHT, I got home after dark and went to feed, have done this before, NO PROBLEMS, my daughter was in the back of the pickup getting the cake sacks open for me and was handing them to me, I was on my last 50 pound bag of cake and I looked up and her the cow came....she was at a fast run and I thought she was just happy that I was feeding...I then realized she had that look in her eye and I ran like forrest gump!!!!!! I was quite a ways from the pickup and she hit me in my right leg, I tripped, but did not fall when I tripped I through the cake sack as hard as I could behind me and finally got to the pickup yanked the door open so fast and hard I must have pulled something in my shoulder, didn't know it was hurt until I calmed down and bawled my head off cuz it scared the dicken outta me! My daughter said when I through the sack she kept hitting it and ramming it in the ground. She was crying, it scared her too. I am so mad at that cow, if I would have had my gun she would be on my plate in a week!
Just wanted to share my adventurous evening, thankfully I did not get hurt bad and am just sore. I think I lost 10 years off my life!!!
The mean rip will be heading to the sale barn as soon as I can get her in!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

WOW, how scary. When I was young a dog chased me; never forgot it.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Damn it! I have been chased by a few cows before and I know what you mean about the "look in their eye"! I used to have a steer that was mean as the dickens and I would look at him and envision porterhouses and t-bones & brisket! Eventually that's what he became! LOL YOu might want to consider bringing a small air horn with you. You can find them in any sporting goods department (boating section). A loud noise usually scares them.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Wow! That is scary! I'm glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt. Not growing up around farm animals, I never imagined cows to be mean. Only pictured bulls that way. The air horn idea sounds good. Maybe get a can of pepper spray, too.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
I had a small pack of baby beagles chase me at my friends farm

They were not a danger, thjey just thought I had food!

Glad you were not hurt.

Lori Ann
Old 11-17-2006, 02:23 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Cool

One time at a frat party after a few beers at Ohio State this guy and I were making out in a field. Little did we know it was a cow pasture. For some reason I looked up and a herd of cows were running towards us. We got up, ran like crazy, jumped over a fence, and just made it out of harms way!!!! Whew!
Old 11-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Ann
I had a small pack of baby beagles chase me at my friends farm

They were not a danger, thjey just thought I had food!

Glad you were not hurt.

Lori Ann

BABY BEAGLES..YOU MEAN PUPPIES????????HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
YOU CRACK ME UP LA
Old 11-17-2006, 04:50 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle
WOW, how scary. When I was young a dog chased me; never forgot it.
sorry to hear that christy. when i was about 9 we got a dog and it chased me in the backyard up a tree. i was so scared of the dog that my parents got rid of it right away. that is probably why i dont like dogs to this day.........
Old 11-17-2006, 07:03 AM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of

My Mom told me that when I was 3 I used to sneak into the enclosed barnyard to pet the cows. well we had this big bull that decided to chase me out of his territory. little ole me wasn't afraid of him and was gonna pet him. Mom said they were scared to death as he was one mean animal but I was saved from harm by my dog as Stub litterly pulled me out of there. Mom said that dog saved my life on more than one occasion.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

That is awesome Stubby! Dogs are so smart and they really do protect kids!