Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer
Default Dairy Queen - How Rude! LOL

This is kinda irritating, but funny as well. Where I work is literally about a one minute drive from a Dairy Queen. I drove up there today for lunch and went through the drive thru. I ordered, the person repeated my order, and I said, "Yes, ma'am". They then told me what my total was and I drove to the 1st window. I'm sitting there digging through my change when the person says, "That will be $6.43 ma'am...I mean SIR." I looked up and there's this boy standing there and I realize this must be the person I called ma'am. I quickly say, "Oh, I'm sorry", to which he said NOTHING...only continued to look down his puny little nose at me.

At first I was slightly embarrassed, but then I got a bit irritated. How DARE he call me SIR? Is it my fault that the speaker was reallyyyy low and he has such a soft sounding voice that I thought it was a female? I was trying to be nice by saying "ma'am" instead of just "yeah". It's not like he was standing right in front of me...I mean he could clearly see I was a woman when I pulled up to the window. The nerve of these little snot nosed punks. LOL I guess it was my fault for calling him "ma'am", but geez...no need to get rude about it.

I come back to work and told my supervisor. He was like, "I wonder if that's the kid that always waits on me when I'm down there. I never could decide if it was a boy or girl." hahahahaha! Lesson learned - Don't bother calling anyone ma'am OR sir...you might offend someone. speechless
Old 03-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Little Buddy

BrendaR is a jewel in the rough

What a little twit! I'd be annoyed too! I mean, you clearly made and HONEST mistake, and he just had to had to be a punk about it. Sounds like that kids needs a job that does not requite customer service. Good for you for seeing some humor in it tho!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP
Thumbs down I was called my sister's Mother once

Know what you mean about how poorly those speakers at drive throughs
work most of the time. I can't always tell either if it's a male or female
taking my order. But he didn't have to be rude to you.

My sister (9 yrs younger then me) and I were in a ladies upscale clothing
store one time and a sales female (about 25 yrs old or so) came up to us
and said directly to my sister "Are you and your mother looking for something
in particular today?" After I shot her a dirty look, I turned and walked out
of the store. I could hear my sister telling her that that was her sister not
her mother. If that gal had had one ounce of brains she would have said something like "What can I help you ladies find today?" Needless to say I
never shopped in that store again.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Yikes! I guess that's kinda like when I worked at Hallmark (eons ago). I hated telling people "Happy Mother's Day" because what if they weren't a mother or couldn't have children, etc? A few years ago I had at least 2 people that were door to door salesman ring my doorbell and then ask if my mother was home. I said, "I AM the mother." LOL Too bad that doesn't happen anymore. :P
Old 03-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all

I have the problem with telephone calls. They ask to speak to my Mother. The first time this happened, they said..."Hello, may I speak to your Mother Please"? I immediately said "I am my Mother". LOL Then I realized what I said and we both started laughing. They always apologize and say that I sound so young on the phone.

When I used to work with the public, we were always nice to them. It seems like everyone is getting so rude now. I think if I were you I would call the manager of that store and tell him what happened and see if they can't teach those kids some manners.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

How about with some babies you can't tell the gender. I have learned to say....so what"s your babies name???? Has saved me a lot of embarassment.speechless
Old 03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda40475
This is kinda irritating, but funny as well. Where I work is literally about a one minute drive from a Dairy Queen. I drove up there today for lunch and went through the drive thru. I ordered, the person repeated my order, and I said, "Yes, ma'am". They then told me what my total was and I drove to the 1st window. I'm sitting there digging through my change when the person says, "That will be $6.43 ma'am...I mean SIR." I looked up and there's this boy standing there and I realize this must be the person I called ma'am. I quickly say, "Oh, I'm sorry", to which he said NOTHING...only continued to look down his puny little nose at me.
I did the exact same thing at Mcdonalds a 1/2 mile from my home! I said yes sir to the speaker, but when I drove up i noticed that he or she had a little more on their top section than a man would have, but they had the voice and looks of a male. To this day i'm not sure what gender the person is and we go there at least once a week. So of course I have stopped saying sir or maam' at their drive threw.