Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default Let's Have Your Thanksgiving/Christmas "go To" Recipes

My "signature" recipe for Thanksgiving is one the kids allus ask for...Broccoli Rice Casserole:

Ingredients:

1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small jar Cheez Whiz
1 cup cooked rice
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained

Preparation:

In a skillet over medium-low heat, sauté onion in butter; add rice and broccoli.

Heat soup over low heat; add Cheez Whiz.

Combine all ingredients; pour into buttered casserole. Bake casserole at 325° for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.

Serves 4.

If I am serving a larger crowd, I double everything, but one of the Cheez Whiz jars is the spicy kind (I think it has jalapenos in it)

Last edited by MagiePerdu : 11-06-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker

Do you make the soup up or just heat the condensed soup with no water?

Sounds great, I may have to make it
Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo831 View Post
Do you make the soup up or just heat the condensed soup with no water?

Sounds great, I may have to make it
I use all the shortcuts I can. For this recipe, which I generally only make during the holidays (heaven knows why, it's got good stuff in it) when it's stressful anyhow, I use the Campbell's condensed soup!!

As I said, even the kids come back for seconds on this one (I think it's all the cheese that brings 'em back)

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I USE THE CHOPPED FROZEN BROCCOLI! If I wanna get real fancy, I'll add water chestnuts to it for a little extra texture and "crunch."

Last edited by MagiePerdu : 11-06-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

yum, gonna make this tonight. thanks for the recipe!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Big Buddy

Creamed Onions

Ingredients:

8 ounces pearl onions
4 cups water
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 3 cups milk
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Directions:

Peel onions, and drop into boiling water. Cook until tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Set onions aside while you make the sauce.

Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour to make a paste. Mix together cooking water and milk. Add milk mixture slowly to the saucepan, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add onions, and transfer to a serving dish.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Big Buddy

Corn Pudding

A friend gave me this recently and I haven't made it yet, but she says her family LOVES it. She said to use the food processor or blender to make it quick!

Ingredients:

1 (10 ounce) package frozen white corn
6 eggs
3 1/2 cups milk 1/2 cup butter, melted
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a blender or food processor blend the eggs very well. Add in the flour and sugar and blend well. Add the milk and blend slightly. Finally mix in the corn by hand. Stir in the melted butter and pour the mixture into a large casserole dish.

Bake for about 45 minutes. When the pudding is done the center should be solid and the top should have a nice golden brown color. Let rest for approximately 15 minutes then serve warm.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Big Buddy

Michelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
My "signature" recipe for Thanksgiving is one the kids allus ask for...Broccoli Rice Casserole:

Ingredients:

1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small jar Cheez Whiz
1 cup cooked rice
1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli, cooked and drained

Preparation:

In a skillet over medium-low heat, sauté onion in butter; add rice and broccoli.

Heat soup over low heat; add Cheez Whiz.

Combine all ingredients; pour into buttered casserole. Bake casserole at 325° for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.

Serves 4.

If I am serving a larger crowd, I double everything, but one of the Cheez Whiz jars is the spicy kind (I think it has jalapenos in it)

My MIL makes a broc. casserole and its so nasty.. lol maybe I ll make this one so she can make something else!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

cappuccino