Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2006, 09:27 AM
New Buddy

kasbhs is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation cheese cracker cookie recipe

I am looking for a recipe for a cheese cracker or cookie that I once had at a party. Unfortunately the person that gave the party and made this item is no longer with us so I cannot ask her for the recipe. The cracker looked like a light colored peanut butter cookie. It was very cheesey flavored with a little hint of red pepper. The consistency of the item is what I have not been able to duplicate. It was very crunchy just like a home made peanut butter cookie and was not sweet at all. Help!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:54 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Is it anything like this?

Cheddar Cheese Crackers

Ingredients:
1 cup unsifted flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
5 tablespoons well-chilled butter
2 tablespoons ice water
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:
Note: You can chill the dough overnight. Handle it gently.

Make dough: Sift flour, salt and cayenne together. Cut in but ter with a pastry whisk until it resembles coarse crumbs. (If using food processor, cut butter into thumb-sized pieces, add to flour mix and pulse only until crumbs form.) Add cheese, toss to combine. Mix water and lemon juice, add to flour and stir with a fork until dough comes together. Add another tea spoon of water, if necessary. Dough should look speckled.

Rolling: Divide dough in half and cover one piece. Roll out the other on a lightly floured surface into a 7-inch-by-10-inch rectangle about inch thick. Perforate with tined roller, spiked meat tenderizing tool or fork.

Rolling tip: You could use a floured pastry cloth and a knit sleeve on your rolling pin, available at bakery supply stores. Consider a pasta rolling machine to get an even thickness. Dust the machine's rollers with flour frequently.

Cutting: Cut dough into strips 2-inches wide and then cross wise into squares. Or use a simply shaped cookie cutter about 2 or 2 1/2 -inches in diameter, occasionally dipping cut ter into flour.

Baking: Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 400 de grees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack and repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight container for up to a week.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 AM
New Buddy

kasbhs is a jewel in the rough

I will certainly try it and let you know if it's what I'm looking for.

Thanks so much!!!