The Earth-Bound Kitchen Quiz
Now that you've visited our Earth-Bound Kitchen, test your knowledge about ways to eat healthier and be greener in your own kitchen.
Get all the questions right, and you could win a free Earthbound Farm shopping bag that you can use — and reuse — to reduce environmental waste whenever you shop.
Offer good for US residents only, while supplies last. One bag per mailing address. Bags will be shipped to all bag winners in May, 2010.
The answers are below:
1) What should you do to avoid harsh and harmful cleaning products?
All of the above
2) What is one of the ways organic farming helps protect the environment?
Organic farming helps keep toxic chemicals out of our air, soil, and water.
3) Which of these is NOT a good recycling strategy?
Throwing away anything you don't use all the time
4) On average, which “green lifestyle” choice can have the greatest impact?
Eating less meat
5) Letting your water faucet run for 5 minutes uses as much energy as:
Leaving a 60-watt light bulb on for 14 hours
6) What is true about conventionally produced meat?
Eating 1 pound of conventional beef emits the same amount of greenhouse gases as driving an SUV 40 miles
7) What does "PCR" stand for?
8) What was the name of our co-founder Myra Goodman's first cookbook?
Food to Live By: The Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook
9) What is one reason why it’s better to use reusable cups and plates whenever you can?
Most disposable dishware can't be recycled because of the coating that helps them resist heat and moisture.
10) What’s the most effective way to reduce your dietary exposure to pesticides?
Eat organic fruits and vegetables.