Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2006, 07:39 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Lightbulb Alternative Uses for Conditioner and Shampoo

Everyday Cheapskate" is Mary Hunt`s daily newspaper column, syndicated to approximatley 550 newspapers around the country. This column ran on or about 11-30-05.

Alternative Uses for Conditioner and Shampoo

Recently a reader from Florida wrote asking for alternative uses for hair conditioner. ďWhen I travel, I end up with lots of hair conditioner in little bottles,Ē she reported. Immediately my mind shot to all the things Iíve done over the years with the personal-sized toiletry items Iíve accumulated from my own travels.

Possibly the best idea, which I got from a reader, is to install wall-mounted dispensers in the shower at homeóone each for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Now empty the various containers of product in the appropriate dispenser. It works great, even when mixing brands. A refillable lotion dispenser on the counter handles all the little bottles of lotions, as well.

As for alternative uses for hair conditioner, I do have a few ...

Zippers will glide easily when you rub a little conditioner on the teeth.

Hair conditioner also works for softening leather. But be cautious. Light colored leather may darken so test this in an inconspicuous place, first.

Apply hair conditioner to the guide tracks of a stubborn window to help it open and shut easier.

Apply a small amount of conditioner to your garden tools to prevent rust.

Use hair conditioner as a substitute for shaving cream. Try this and you many never go back, as conditioner allows for a very close shave and leaves the skin silky soft.

To soften dry cuticles, rub in and leave on a little conditioner.

Rub a little conditioner on a bandage to ease removal.

Apply a light coat of hair conditioner to hands before painting or working on a car. Youíll have a much easier time washing up later.

Hair conditioner removes dirt from your nails much easier than hand soap.

So, you may be wondering, are there any such alternative uses for shampoo? Oh, yes!

Shampoo is formulated to remove oil from hair so it works perfectly to remove the dirt rings on shirt collars which are oil stains. Simply apply as you would any stain pretreatment. This is especially handy when traveling.

In a pinch you can wash your dishes in the kitchen sink with shampoo (not in the automatic dishwasher, however). It`s perfect for camping, too because shampoo is biodegradable.

Pour one tablespoon of shampoo under a running tap in the bathtub for a bubble bath.

A dab of shampoo works great as hand-washing liquid to cut through the grime on your hands.

Add two tablespoons of shampoo to a bucket of water and soap up your car. It will not harm the paint or the environment.

Add a tablespoon of shampoo to a sink or container of warm water to soak your hair brushes and combs. Shampoo cuts through sebum oil and will leave your brushes clean and fresh.

Copyright © 2005 Mary Hunt
Old 03-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Talking

Mary is the new Forum source for all.....

..Hints from Heloise hee, hee, hee...

Lori Ann
Old 03-20-2006, 07:57 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

My daughter calls me Heloise as I did my mother...
Old 03-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Great ideas Heloise! I'm always looking for those "Helpful Hints..." LOL
Old 03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Thanks for the ideas
Old 10-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Big Buddy

wldoneathrt is a jewel in the rough

Typed in Helpful Hints in the Search feature and this came up. I don't think I have read this before and has some great hints for shampoo and conditioner, which I always have way more than shampoo.

I'm sure everyone has some helpful hints that they know that work, we should start a thread with "Hints from BB's".
Old 10-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

I have also heard that you if you run out of shave gel when you are shaving your legs you can substitute conditioner.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Great Ideas........
Old 10-25-2006, 11:52 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

wonderful ideas...thanks mary