Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer
Angry Philips Electronics

Has anyone here ever bought products from the Philips Electronics outlet? I believe the majority of products in their outlet are factory renewed. I'm always skeptical of ordering anything refurbished, but I've taken my chances. Back in September 2005, I purchased a DVD/VHS combo from them for less than $50. It arrived, looked great, still works, everyone is happy.

Not the case this time. I ordered the 27" flat screen TV that Karen listed in her newsletter for $149.99. I was so excited! It arrived Friday and I had to go through a lot of trouble just to get it home. (Wouldn't fit in my car, so I had to put it in a coworkers truck and drive it home. Two of my technicians had to meet me there to unload it because it was over 80lb.) Well they took it out of the box and it was NOT what I expected. In fact, it's bigger than the current TV I have. Flat screen does NOT mean that the entire TV is flat. Grrrrr

Ok, so that was my fault. What wasn't my fault is the TV has these really deep scratches on the side...like someone took a razor blade to it or maybe the furniture scratched it. I dunno. It doesn't fit in my entertainment center, so I wouldn't even be able to hide the cosmetic damage. After spending $150 though, I would expect something better...that didn't show outside damage! I searched their site...nothing regarding how factory renewed items might have cosmetic damage. I go to the return policy and it says that factory renewed items are sold "as is". It did not state this anywhere in the item description, checkout, or even AFTER I purchased the item. I am sooooooooooooo not happy. I'm emailing them, may wind up calling as well, but I have the feeling I've lost in this deal. For $150, I could have bought a bigger TV at Walmart.

Has anyone else had any problems with them?