Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Big Buddy

freebiemom is on a distinguished roadfreebiemom is on a distinguished road
Default fleas?

Ok, my youngest dd has a strange rash/ allergic reaction that only comes on her ankles, wrists and sometimes on the knees. Not on torso. But, it is like hives (white w/red in the surrounding skin). It itches her, but goes away when I give her benadryl. Yes, we have been to the dr. we are on benadryl 3x a day for 4 days to see if it will go away.

I am wondering if this could be fleas? I checked my dog and he is clear (from what I can see). I am searching for the cat. The cat is an inside cat...dog, stays out most of the time.

Any suggestions? I am stumped!
I haven't changed detergents lately, havent introduced any new food. My dd is 5.

If it is fleas, I wouldn't think the rash would disappear with benadryl.
Any clues/
Old 11-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Big Buddy

Oceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising star

As someone who has had cats or dogs most of my life....look for scratching by the animal, for fleas on it's hairless tummy, and for fleas to jump on you occasionally from the floor so it would be lower body. You couldn't help but notice this stuff. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Big Buddy

Well, I did the cat/ dog check. No fleas. SO...it is a mystery as of now. She seems fine. No itching but the benardyl is working. Ugh....It is just so frustrating. I took everything out of her room and cleaned everything...vacuumed ...mopped etc. the works. (Not with cleaners, w/vinegar).

Thanks for all your input, everyone! I just feel helpless!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Big Buddy

Donia is on a distinguished roadDonia is on a distinguished road

It sounds like something is biting her or she is coming in contact in those area's only with whatever is causing it. Watch and see.... with the knee's for it to be fleas they would have to of been exposed.

If you notice what she is doing before and when it happens it may help shed some light on what is exactly causing it.
When I had an allergic reaction (hives) to Levaquin an antibiotic my symptoms did not clear up with benadryl or atarax/

RRTGal

Hope this helps a little.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

this article is informative
http://www.virtualpediatrichospital....qa/hives.shtml

How long did the Pediatrician say to take the Benadryl??????

Perhaps you are taking your daughter off too soon.

Maybe you should taper her off.......

good luck
Old 11-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Big Buddy

Michele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on up

Try here ... it looks like there's a chance it could help you. http://familydoctor.org/545.xml
Old 11-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Big Buddy

Michele, what a great site. I think I found what it could be...I do think it is viral.

I am to keep her on benadryl for 4 days. Then, call the dr (or she will call me).

To top it off, she sprained her leg the other day too...so she has an air cast and this itching. I just feel awful for her.

Thanks everyone for your help! I am going to check the other site.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

glad you found it!!!!!!!!!!