Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default What's to do for Christmas?

I thought it might be a nifty idea to share some of the things we do to celebrate Christmas in different geographic areas. Post a pic and/or a description of the fun/sentimental/devout traditions or ways you celebrate Christmas.

Here in Oklahoma we do "Downtown in December." There's ice skating and snow tube rides, plenty of food and shopping. One of my favorite parts are the free water taxi rides along the Bricktown Canal.

Oklahoma City's Downtown in December began in 2002 as Bricktown and the rest of the downtown area blossomed. The early years had modest budgets, and 2005 saw one of over $1 million.

2006's Downtown in December will last just over a month, from November 24th to January 1st, and will feature such exciting festivities as outdoor ice skating, water taxi's along the Bricktown Canal, the Botanical Gardens, snow tubing rides, plenty of great shopping and food as well as beautiful lighting and decorative displays.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Big Buddy

Donia is on a distinguished roadDonia is on a distinguished road

Wow that sounds fun... our area's only big thing is when the local hospital does it's tree lighting ceremony...no parades here or anything...Small towns no budgets...

RRTGal
Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

well here in plymouth ma they do have a big tree that they cut down from someone's yard. this saturday they have the tree decorating and usually have a concert right by the plymouth rock. they also combine the thanksgiving and christmas parade and they have that the saturday before thanksgiving. it is a really big parade. then at the plimoth plantation they have the festival of trees. it's very nice.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

There is no designation like town, village, etc. for the tiny place I
live in now...only has a name. We don't have a mayor, council,
or anything like that. So there's no governing type body to
organize holiday time events. Get our police support from the
State Police. Nearby towns & villages do have Christmas parades
to attend but they last only 20-30 minutes. Some area churches
have festivals for a couple hours. That's it.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

We Go To A Great Light Show That You Stay In Your Car And Travel Through.....it Goes On For About 5 Miles And Half Way Through There Is Santas Village Where You Can Get Out Of Your Car And Visit Santa. There Are Loads Of Goodies To Buy Too.

We Also Go To A Trolley Museum That Has A Wonderful Open Outdoor Trolley Sleigh That Is Lit Up With Thousands Of Lights.
The Best Part Is That Santa And His Elves Go On Every Ride And Sit Amongst The Kids.......last Year We Were Lucky And Santa Sat Next To Me........he Then Held My Daughter In His Lap The Entire 5 Mile Ride........i Must Say She Was So Good And Didn't Want To Take A Bath For About A Week Becasue Santa Held Her.........hahahaah

We Live In The Historical District Of Our Town And They Decorate The Houses Via 18th And 19th Century.........it's Fun To See How Things Were Done Yesteryear. They Also Have Old Fashioned Goodies.......so Much Fun.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:03 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

We Live In The Historical District Of Our Town And They Decorate The Houses Via 18th And 19th Century.........it's Fun To See How Things Were Done Yesteryear. They Also Have Old Fashioned Goodies.......so Much Fun.[/quote]

i noticed that it's really historical as we were driving home from six flags this summer. i thought it was absolutely beautiful that every single telephone pole had a big american flag on it!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Big Buddy

Dartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributer

Our town has a Santa appearance off the local fire truck......other than that just the usual lame old decorations contest..........

x-mas eve afternoon is a BIG day for the local bars ( 2 of um )..I usually am partying with the guys that afternoon........this year will be even better as I dont have to do the in - law deal on x-mas eve.......I can just stay home this year o I'll really get into it this year!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Those light shows are great. . .we have one nearby, in Chickasha, Oklahoma as well. 75,000 lights on their drive-thru "crystal bridge." Here's a shot from their "Festival of Light."

Last year my sister and bro-in-law from Arizona visited, and we went to Guthrie, OK to celebrate an early Christmas with them. We wanted to stay at the Stone Lion Inn, a "haunted" B&B.

However, the lady who owned it wasn't accepting reservations. We did stay at another of her properties, the White Peacock, which was just beautiful.

While we were in Guthrie we went to the presentation of "A Territorial Christmas," which is Dickens' story adapted for the Sooner state.

I LOVE finding fun things to do at Christmas. I haven't lived in Oklahoma long enough to really find a service area I would feel comfortable in, but I also like to do a lot of giving at Christmas, even if it is just giving my time. I hope each of you has a wonderful, meaningful Christmas season.