Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernan0
I'm working with a new client who tells me today that her cancer has reoccured and is incurable . She will be intreatment for the rest of her life to stay alive. Her optimism is wonderful, but she is as scared as I'm sure most of us would be. Have your mammograms yearly ladies. As I have an 18 year old who, by the mercy of God and the wonderful people at St, Jude Children's Research Hospital, has been in full remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma for 1 year this week, I feel joy and sorrow. Thanks for letting me vent, Sort of a rough day...
Nan, I am so sorry that your day has been so sad. I am very happy for your 18 year old though. My family is very familiar with Hodgkins Disease and Hodgkins Lymphoma. I have the greatest respect for St. Jude Childrens Hospital. I make my largest donations to them. I hope you will feel a little better soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Rivernan
My prayers are with you and your 18 year old. What a blessing.
My mom is now a 10 year cancer survivor.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:24 AM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

My prayers are also with you Nan. Valentines Day 2004 my mom had a liver transplant and today she's her usually busybody mom self
Old 03-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the words of encouragement! And yes, St. Jude is a WONDERFUL place. It's a place of hope and love. I wish there were a place like that for adults. My client has been going to MD Anderson, in Houston, but her insurance company is dropping the hospital. If any of you know of a good treatment center in our area, please let me know.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:23 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP
Helpmarker God's blessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernan0
I'm working with a new client who tells me today that her cancer has reoccured and is incurable . She will be intreatment for the rest of her life to stay alive. Her optimism is wonderful, but she is as scared as I'm sure most of us would be. Have your mammograms yearly ladies. As I have an 18 year old who, by the mercy of God and the wonderful people at St, Jude Children's Research Hospital, has been in full remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma for 1 year this week, I feel joy and sorrow. Thanks for letting me vent, Sort of a rough day...
Oh, rivernan, I know how you feel. My sister passed away October 2005
after battling breast cancer for almost 5 years. I will keep you and yours
in my prayers.

I don't know of any treatment places in your state. The last year of her
life, my sister was traveling to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina while she participated in a clinical study. My suggestion
for you is to search the internet for clinical or trial studies cuz there are
many listed. Lots of them pay for travel costs as well as give the patients free treatments. Another place I know of that does these is the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Bless you Pepper and your family. Sounds like you have had a rough year. I hope 2006 holds better things for ya'll.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Big Buddy

Love2seeClay is a jewel in the rough
Default Well - is the FULL bar open?

Because I am not really a beer kind of girl - I'm more a chocolate or apple martini kind of girl. (Apparently after reading yesterday - read high maintenance!)

I can't say I have any problems today - other than a headache that hopefully this cup of high caffeine coffee will cure.