Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where restricted or prohibited by law.
1. Entry Period: The Sun-Maid "Moments & Memories" Essay contest ("The Contest") sponsored by Sun-Maid ("Sponsor") begins at 12:00:00 am ET on 10/27/06 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/27/06. (the "Contest Period").
2. How To Enter: Write an original essay in 100 words or less on "Your fond moments & memories about Sun-Maid Raisins and the role it has played in your life." (For example, making cookies with Grandma, adding raisins to Mom's stuffing mix for Thanksgiving dinner, or adding a mini-box of raisins to a doll house kitchen.) To Enter Online: Visit www.bhg.com/sunmaid
anytime during the Contest Period and click on the "contest" icon.  Complete the online registration by providing the information required; and  in the space provided write your essay. Entries must be completely filled out in order to be eligible. All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/27/06 to be eligible for entry into the Contest. The use of automated entry software is prohibited. Multiple entries submitted by a single entrant, will void all entries submitted by that entrant. Limit one (1) entry per person.
"Entry" is defined, for purposes of this Contest, as including both the completed online registration and the essay.
3. Conditions of Entry: All entries submitted must be written in English. Each entry must be entrant's own original creation, written solely by entrant and may not have been previously published or won any previous awards. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's work does not qualify as entrant's original creation. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsors' image and may not be obscene, indecent or otherwise offensive, as determined by judges or Sponsor in their sole discretion, nor can the entry defame or invade the publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, and Sponsors' right to use the entry shall not be restricted. Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with these official rules ("Official Rules") in any way are subject to disqualification. No correspondence regarding entries will be acknowledged or entered into with entrants except as provided herein. By submitting an entry, entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, assign, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such entry and the concepts embodied therein in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide, without limitation or compensation to the entrant, and entrant may be required to sign a release to that effect. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title, interest and claim, which they now have or may in the future have to the entries, design or any elements thereof including without limitation, the copyright therein. Such rights, title and interest shall include, but are not limited to, all intellectual property, sales and licensing rights. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. If an entrant changes his/her telephone number, email address and/or street address after he/she enters the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor by (postal) mailing notice/ to Marden-Kane's address (listed below) to be received by the end of the Entry Period.
4. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Contest is void in Puerto Rico and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Marden-Kane, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Releasees"), and their immediate families (spouse, parent, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. Judging/Notification: Entries will be judged by the Sponsor, whose decision will be final and binding. Judging of entries will be based on the following criteria: Creativity/Originality (30%), clarity of expression (30%), and appropriateness - relevance to theme and the Sun-Maid brand (40%). In the event of a tied score, the entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional qualified judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate entries according to the above-identified judging criteria. The 50-fifty finalists with the highest scores from all eligible entries received and judged will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winners. Grand Prize winners will be notified by mail and/or e-mail and/or telephone on or about January 12, 2007 by Administrator. Becoming a Grand Prize winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. The decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
6. Prizes: Fifty (50) Grand Prizes of $100 cash each will be awarded. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") $100 each. Total ARV of all prizes offered: $5,000. One prize per person, family or household. Taxes, and all other expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes will be mailed to winners via first class mail, approximately 6 to 8 weeks after notification and verification of prize. In the event that less eligible entries are received than the actual number of prizes offered, Sponsor retains the right to award only the appropriate number of prizes, and remaining prizes will not be awarded.
See Official Rules for complete details.