Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Member Spotlight
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all
Default Pepper60

MyBargainBuddy lost a very special member last week. Diane passed away suddenly in her home at the age of 62. Doctors suspect heart attack or stroke.

Since the day she joined our forum, Diane was an active member. Even though she was on dial-up, she managed to rack up 58,368 posts over the last 2 years and 9 months. That's an everage of 58 posts per day! If you've ever visited our freebie forum, you've seen Diane in action!

I was shocked to hear this news and greatly saddened. Diane will be missed. I would like to honor her by featuring her in the spotlight once again.

If anyone is interested, in lieu of cards or flowers, her brother requested that gifts be made in memory of Diane Sivacek to the American Cancer Society. Diane's sister died from cancer several years ago and they were very close.

I'd like to thank Grams for letting us know. It is so nice that our members look out for one another. We have such a special group of people here.
http://www.mybargainbuddy.com/forums...ad.php?t=79123

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post: 01-31-2007

Pepper60 joined MyBargainBuddy Forums on 2/26/06. In less than a year, she has racked up close to 19,000 posts! She is an avid freebie hunter and generously shares her finds here on our forum. You can view all of Pepper60's posts here!

Here is some info about Pepper60:

State of residence: Virginia

Married/Single: Divorced

Children? Grandchildren? None

Favorite food: Seafood

Favorite movie: Marjorie Morningstar

Favorite book: The Man Who Stole a University by Phoebe Ballard and Todhunter Ballard

Hobbies: Collect anything related to Lighthouses

How you found MyBargainBuddy.com: Through Just Free Stuff newsletter

Words to live by: Remember to always say please and thank you
Old 01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

congrats to my best buddy.............this is a well deserved honor............enjoy the limelight.
ps can I have your autograph??????????

Old 01-31-2007, 07:13 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Thumbs up

Wow! You found MBB the day after your birthday!

I have enjoyed getting to know you and being able to act silly with someone my age...

Old 01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Big Buddy

HIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to all

It's easy to do!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

What a sweetie you are Diane! I'm so glad to count you among my friends! I look forward to the next 19,000 posts with all of your wit, wisdom and kindness
Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Big Buddy

ChickyChris is on a distinguished road

and I must add to all those things Diane is and does ...she is a dear friend to all here at MBB and truly cares about others!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Big Buddy

pegwill4 is a special memberpegwill4 is a special memberpegwill4 is a special member

Thanks Diane for you support while my mom has been going though Chemo with Breast Cancer.

Diane took the time to write me on Christmas Day to see how my mom was doing.... It meant a lot to me.

Thanks also for the great posts
Old 01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

You like seafood! You are retired! Then come on down for Mardi Gras. We have lots of seafood here.

Good Cajun seafood recipes: www.jfolse.com

I am not sure what seafood is easy to get in Virginia, but I remember having a crab dip in South Carolina (very bland to my Louisiana taste buds), so here is a crab recipe from the site. Rex is the main king of Mardi Gras.

Crab Cakes Rex
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVES: 8

COMMENT:
Normally in Bayou Country crab cakes are dense in texture due to the amount of breadcrumbs in the recipe. Personally, I appreciate a higher crabmeat content so I’ve cut back the breadcrumbs for a looser texture.

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound lump crabmeat
3 tbsps butter
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup garlic, diced
1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup green onions, minced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 egg
2 tbsps parsley, minced
2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
2 tsps lemon juice
2 tbsps Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp Creole mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
hot sauce to taste
½ cup Italian breadcrumbs for dusting
¼ cup vegetable oil

METHOD:
Using your fingers, pick through crabmeat to remove any shell or cartilage. In a sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic. Sauté 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are wilted. Remove and allow to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, combine sautéed vegetables along with all remaining ingredients except crabmeat. Gently fold in crabmeat with your fingers, continually checking for shell or cartilage. Blend carefully into the breadcrumb mixture until all ingredients are well incorporated. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Gently form crab mixture into a 1" x 2 1/2" patty, dust lightly with breadcrumbs and place on a cookie sheet. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour. In a sauté pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, sauté crab cakes 2-3 minutes on each side, turning each cake over gently so they don't fall apart.

Place crab cake in the center of a dinner plate and top with white or red rémoulade sauce.

He left out the most important part- EAT!

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:04 AM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink

Diane was one of the first people I met when I joined the MyBargain Buddy Forum and has made every day here a real pleasure. Thank you for all of the fun we have had and I'm looking forward to lots more!! ((hugs))

Love Ya Girlfriend!

Lori Ann
Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

thanks for all you do. you are a great part of this place and thanks for your warm friendship. i'm glad i know you!!!