13 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachio nuts, finely ground
6 large egg whites
1 Tablespoon lavender honey
1 teaspoon pistachio extract (or almond extract)
softened unsalted butter and flour for molds
1. Butter and flour madeleine tins.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the butter over moderately high heat
until it begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes.
3. Sift the sugar and flour into a medium sized bowl and stir in the nuts.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until frothy.
5. Add the pistachio/flour/sugar mixture and whisk until thoroughly
7. Whisk in brown butter and honey until blended.
8. Add the pistachion (or almond) extract and whisk to blend.
9. Spoon the batter into the molds, filling them almost to the top.
Refrigerate for an hour to firm the batter. Preheat oven to 375°
10. Bake the madeleines about 12-15 minutes until springy to the
11. Remove from the oven, sharply rap the tins against the surface
to loosen the madeleines. Unmold immediately and transfer to a rack
To Serve: Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Support Lighthouse Preservation
It's Part Of Our Heritage