Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Product Recalls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Big Buddy

Dartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributer

Thank God I refuse to buy groceries at Walmart!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
New Buddy

Lilypad is a jewel in the rough
Default First Beneful now Peter Pan, what's next

Less than a month ago Walmart had bad Beneful dog food on it's shelves now Peter Pan. Who knows what is next. I shop at Publix. "Where Shopping is a Pleasure".
Old 02-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Big Buddy

tjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud of

I went and looked because my son LOVES pb sandwiches sometimes when I can't get him to eat regular food. Just yesterday I made him 2 half sandwiches w/Peter Pan pb. I just looked at the jar. It has 2111 on the jar. He did have a bad bout with diarrhea yesterday too. Today he seemed fine. My pd was from when I was on WIC and I got pb for free. I usually get JIF, but on the one occasion I opted for PP because it had a coupon for $$ off Cars toys and a picture of Lightning McQueen on the outside. Boy am I a sucker
Old 02-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

Our son called early this a.m he knows I have peanut butter toast most mornings...What a sweet son!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:02 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I am a peanut butter snob. I only buy Jiff or Skippy. Christy, I can relate on the the crumbs in the butter problem. lol I HATE that!
Ohhh Karen you are the first person I have met that takes my side on that!!!! My whole family, parents and siblings and their family included tease the heck out of me and when they come over I HIDE my butter, they will put crumbs in it just to make me mad!!!!! I will find a way to get them back...lol
Old 02-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

I always buy from Wal-mart, where we live I can't afford to go anywhere else. My 2 cousins are managers at 2 seperat Wal-marts and they told me 85% of the products that are Great Value are manufactured in the name brand plants and they just change the labels. Peter Pan makes Great Value, but so does some other peanut butter plants, they had it on the news last night, that only the great value with 2111 because thoses were from the Georgia plant, the other brand names of peanut butter are okay cause its a different plant. Coke makes GV coke, and splenda makes GV splenda, brand name dog foods makes the GV ol roy, tyson Chicken makes GV chicken in my home town in Texas. Almost all the plants make the generic name for Wal-mart.

Last year they recalled all the Lunchables becasuse of salmanella, both Lunchables and Peter Pan are manufactured by Conagra. My other cousin...LOL..is the plant manager of Conagra up in Ohio where they make Act II and Orville redenbocker popcorn and he sends me the recall updates in e-mails before they are normally released. He says they stop production all the time when they find something and quality control finds a bad batch of something.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Big Buddy

hblueeyes is a jewel in the rough
Default recall

I buy what is on sale &/or what I have coupons for. i too shop at Wal mart because Jewel and Dominicks are so expensive unless they have specials and my Dominicks is closing. I have 4 jars of peanut butter in the house. 1- GV 1- Jewel brand and 4- peter Pan and the Gv is the only one with the code 2111. Unfortunately it is about 3/4 empty. That would also explain why everyone but me has had stomach aches and diarehha but me. I do not eat peanut butter. We took ours back to Wal mart and got a full refund.

The recall has nothing to do with Wal mart. it just happened that GV is a Wal mart brand. Peter Pan could easily have been sent to any other grocery store.

Me
Old 02-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

I agree, it has nothing to do with Wal-mart, its Conagra who produces Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter. Their plant was contaminated with salmanella. Theres a small level of bacteria in peanut butter anyhow that we can injest and thats why babies under a year old can't have peanut butter or honey, theres the same bacteria in honey & peanut butter and we consume it after we're a year old...
Old 02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

i usually always buy skippy or jif. and i get wic so it's free
but i do have a couple of pp jars. no 2111 though
thank goodness
Old 02-17-2007, 04:56 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

I will buy Jiffy from now on! LOL