Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all

Well I'm not going to stop smoking again. I stopped in 1997 for 2 years when I had open heart surgery to have an artificial heart valve put in. My weight when I stopped was 112 lbs. Over a 2 year period I went up to 192 lbs no matter what I did, and it was still going up. I could barely walk and was miserable so I said that was enough of that and started smoking again. The weight just started coming back off without dieting or anything. I've smoked for 50 years so I might as well keep on. Now the biggest problem is the price that they are charging for cigarettes now days. And No, if you are wondering if smoking caused my problem with the heart. The Heart Surgeon said it had nothing to do with it.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Big Buddy

Michele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Ann
Wow, toot away Michele

Was 12/11/01 a significant day? Did anything precipitate your stopping smoking? What is your number one tip?

Lori Ann
I forgot to answer your question. Well, I just kept telling myself it's over and I just can't smoke any more. I filled my cigarette quotient and there are just none left for me. Oh, and kept telling myself I was doing great.

Positive self talk is so important.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Wow Dru
If I gained 80 lbs I would have restarted smoking too....
Old 03-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Well, I smoke and it still said 82.7 years. i fgure that's long enough for me to be bothering folks around here. I would like to quit; physically and mentally, I'm ready. It's the emotional thing that gets in my way. Any suggestions?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member

It's a love/ hate thing for me....I didn't start smoking until late in my 20's - dumb,eh?

I smoke menthol and am a total hedonist with my first cup of strong coffee and a smoke in the morning...I review my day ahead mentally, etc. In business the smoke break is a time out to stop, evaluate and decide before I re-enter the fray. If I'm on the phone or out having a glass of wine with friends I smoke.

I haven't quit/quit but the two and three year breaks were probably a good thing. What I do know regarding the weight thing is your body works more efficiently when you stop and you have to start burning 300 calories more a day at minimum.

I can't stand cigarettte smoke, mine or anyone elses - I don't smoke in my house and I don't smoke in any of my vehicles.

My only advice Nan is to be aware of your smoking. I keep my cigs in another room so I have to stop what I'm doing, go and fetch them before heading outside. This helps with the mindless smoking so many of us do

Lori Ann

P.S. - when my non-smoking friends give me a hard time (because they love me) I point out that I power walk three miles a day, eat fast food less than 3 times a year, weigh less than 10 pounds more than when I was in college and have low cholestrol and blood pressure
Old 03-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Thanks for using life clock, Amanda. Your expected age is: 80.1 years

Surprising since I'm overweight and have a family history of heart attacks and high blood pressure. But I no longer smoke and do not currently drink at all.