Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Product Recalls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP
Angry Pet Food Recall - FDA Expands Product List

FDA Statement April 16, 2007
Media Inquiries: 1-301-827-6242
Consumer Inquiries: 1-888-INFO-FDA

Information on Natural Balance
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) was informed today, April 16,
2007, that Natural Balance Pet Foods has received consumer complaints regarding the Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Foods. The company does not know the cause of the problems, but has received reports of animals vomiting and experiencing kidney problems. Although the company is stating that the problems seem to be focused on one particular lot, as a precautionary measure, the company is pulling all dates of Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food and Venison & Green Pea Dry
Cat Food from the shelves.

The company is advising consumers to discontinue feeding all Venison and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison and Green Pea Dry Cat Food.

The FDA is working closely with Natural Balance and is actively investigating this problem. There is no indication at this time whether this is related to the ongoing pet food recalls. For more information, please see:

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html
Old 04-17-2007, 04:35 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

omg! that is a lot
this is just the dog food that is recalled
  1. Americas Choice, Preferred Pets
  2. Authority
  3. Award Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  4. Best Choice
  5. Big Bet
  6. Big Red
  7. Bloom
  8. Cadillac
  9. Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  10. Demoulas Market Basket
  11. Eukanuba Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  12. Food Lion
  13. Giant Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  14. Grreat Choice Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  15. Hannaford
  16. Hill Country Fare Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  17. Hy-Vee
  18. Iams Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  19. Laura Lynn
  20. Loving Meals
  21. Meijers Main Choice
  22. Mighty Dog Pouch
  23. Mixables Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  24. Nutriplan
  25. Nutro Max Last Updated: April 10, 2007
  26. Nutro Natural Choice Last Updated: April 10, 2007
  27. Nutro Ultra Last Updated: April 10, 2007
  28. Nutro Last Updated: April 10, 2007
  29. Ol'Roy Canada Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  30. Ol'Roy US Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  31. Paws
  32. Pet Essentials
  33. Pet Pride - Good n Meaty Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  34. Presidents Choice Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  35. Price Chopper
  36. Priority Canada
  37. Priority US Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  38. Publix
  39. Roche Brothers
  40. Save-A-Lot Choice Morsels
  41. Schnucks
  42. Shep Dog
  43. Springsfield Prize Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  44. Sprout
  45. Stater Brothers Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  46. Stop & Shop Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  47. Tops Companion Last Updated: April 5, 2007
  48. Wegmans Bruiser
  49. Weis Total Pet
  50. Western Family US
  51. White Rose
  52. Winn Dixie
  53. Your Pet
Old 04-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Big Buddy

barbnolastname is on a distinguished road

I wanted to share my experience over all this pet food recall. I have 4 cats, one of them I bottle fed from the time she was almost 2 weeks old. They mean the world to me so I want to tell. I have always fed my cats Castor & Pollux Ultramix Adult Feline Mix dry food and the same brand of kitten food for the baby. I split 1 can of wet cat food between the 4 of them in the morning and again after work each day. I was giving them Natural Balance canned.

My 3 yr old male cat and my baby kitten got diarrhea and they were vomiting. I took them to the vet and after paying $100 per test ($200 total) I found out they both had a mild case of renal failure and I was given some medicine for them. I took their food to the vet and he contacted castor & Pollux and Natural Balanace and I emailed both companies when I got home. I got an email back from both places assuring me their food was safe.

Over this past weekend Natural Balance recalled the Ocean Fish flavor of canned food. This was almost TWO full weeks AFTER my vet and I contacted them. Castor & Pollux sent me a coupon for a free 6 lb bag of their food as a thank you for my concern and to thank me for contacting them with my fears. Natural balance didnt even say "im sorry", nothing but a stupid form letter. I ended up taking the other 2 cats to be tested just to be sure so I have spent $400 on testing alone and then more for their medicine.

I have been telling everyone to not feed their cats natural balance canned cat food. They are cold and uncaring in my opinion, they should have began testing their food when they began to get complaints, not weeks later.

All my babies have since recovered and I just cry when I think how close I came to losing them.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

wow.......I'm out of it.......I've never noticed this thread before
Old 04-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Big Buddy

I check both of these links several times a day, between the 2 of them they are pretty up to date

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...me=recall_list

http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html
Old 04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Big Buddy

dveight8 is on a distinguished road

I have 2 poms and 2 cats that I have been feeding Royal Canin since the recall on dry food began. So far all is safe, and I would recommend this food for all your pets also.

www.royalcanin.com

It is more expensive, but my babies are worth every bit of it!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dveight8 View Post
I have 2 poms and 2 cats that I have been feeding Royal Canin since the recall on dry food began. So far all is safe, and I would recommend this food for all your pets also.

www.royalcanin.com

Royal Canin had some recalls, if any company recalls one product, they are off my list forever. I spent almost $500 to date because of TWO cans of Natural Balance canned food. Our dry cat food is Castor and Pollux, I've used it for 3 years now but who knows, the next batch could be bad. For canned food I switched to Purina Pro Plan on the advice of my vet after he treated my sick cats. This whole thing is a nightmare but my 4 fur babies are going to be ok and thats all that matters to me.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:

www.royalcanin.com

Sorry I forgot to ask you this while I was at work so now I"m home asking lol Do you feed your cats any can food at all? My cats seem to really like the purina pro plan but if there's something better I'm willing to try it. THey dont get much canned food but I do split 2 cans a day between the 4 of them. I tried the castor and pollux cans but they don't seem to care for them.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Big Buddy

dveight8 is on a distinguished road

I don't feed any of my animals canned food, as it tends to give them diarrhea, and also a soft diet is not good for their teeth. I feed the Royal Canin, which the brands I use are not recalled, and for treats, my dogs get chicken jerky, or greenies, and my cats get feline greenies, and occasionally tuna.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
I don't feed any of my animals canned food, as it tends to give them diarrhea, and also a soft diet is not good for their teeth. I feed the Royal Canin, which the brands I use are not recalled, and for treats, my dogs get chicken jerky, or greenies, and my cats get feline greenies, and occasionally tuna.
ok ty. I never fed my cats canned food until my vet told me I should be giving them canned food in addition to dry for the protein and water content. I think the answer varies from vet to vet lol but as long as mine are healthy i dont care. I'm going to stick with the proplan canned and hopefully it will be ok. I like watching them eat the dry castor and pollux, it has dried fruit in it and 2 of my cats dig out all the banana chips and eat those pieces 1st lol