This recipe won a chili cook off in Denver
April 5, 2006
3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, depending on how meaty you like it
1 ½ to 2 bottles of beer, preferably a red or amber (Dos Equis Amber or Killian's Red preferred)
2 jalapeño peppers
2 red peppers
1 green pepper
1/2 red onion
2 (29-ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 can black beans
Chili powder and red pepper flakes to taste
• This recipe works in a 5-quart Crock-Pot.
• Grill chicken. (You can also boil it, but grilling is preferred.)
• Slice peppers and onion. Saute them in a pan with some of the beer for 10 minutes or so, until slightly tender.
• Pour pepper/onion mixture into Crock-Pot with tomato sauce.
• Add the remainder of your first beer.
• Add black beans.
• Slice or shred chicken and add to Crock-Pot
• Add chili powder and red pepper, to taste.
• Let cook for about an hour. Then add additional beer or water, depending on how thick and tomato-ey you like broth
"resident shameless hussie"