Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Big Buddy

AEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud of
Helpmarker HELP - needed chicken salad recipe

My mom and I are looking for a good chicken salad recipe. Does anyone have one? they are impossible to find on the internet. We want the sandwhich spread (not an actual salad). You can buy it at the deli, but we are wanting to make our own and have tried a couple of recipes, but can't find anything that tastes really good. Please help me if you can!
Thanks a ton!
Amy
Old 04-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Big Buddy

AEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud of

Come On Ladies, I Know I Can Count On You Guys To Help Me Out, Dig Deep In Those Recipe Boxes And Get Me That Recipe That Is To Die For!!!!!! Chicken Salad -- Needed!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Big Buddy

JeffGordonsNo1Fan is a jewel in the rough
Talking I have one!!!

BUT here is the deal...it can ONLY be made with the chicken found in the can from Samís club...I am not sure WHY but that chicken has a different texture and taste than anything at a regular store...sorry, but I swear, it is worth the effort of going to get it! My boss makes this at EVERY company food event, and I have to get into it before she puts it out, or it is gone before I get there! I hate mayonnaise and I love this stuff...so so good...

2 cans of chicken from Sams club drained.
2 full table spoons of SWEET pickle relish
1-2 tablespoons of honey
Mayonnaise to your favorite consistancy

Add the 1st three ingrediants into a bowl and mix well, then add mayo until it is the consistancy that you prefer.
Great with Ritz Crackers, Croissants, and bread.

Seems so simple, but my goodness it is good!
You will not believe it!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:27 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Talking

This is a fruity salad which I love on a hot day

Fruity Chicken Salad

INGREDIENTS:
4 cups cooked pasta, shape of
your choice
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
meat
5 stalks celery, diced
2 large apples - peeled, cored
and chopped
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin
oranges, drained
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS:
1. Chill pasta and chicken thoroughly.
2. Mix chicken, celery, apples, grapes, pineapple, mandarin oranges and pasta in large bowl.
3. Mix the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, salt, dash of pepper and a dash of nutmeg.
4. Combine mayonnaise and chicken mixtures and toss. Store in the refrigerator.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:32 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Thumbs up

Chicken Salad Spread

1 5 ounce can of white boned chicken meat, drained
1/3 cup mayonnaise (can use low or non fat)
1 green onion chopped
1/4 cup grated carrots
2 tablespoons green bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
garlic salt to taste
black pepper to taste
I add a few dashes of tobasco..optional. Sometimes I add vidalia onions or minced dried onion and lots of dill. Depnds on your taste.

You can pulse all this is your food processor for a few seconds to make it smoother.
Or just mix combine chicken, mayonnaise, green onion, carrots, green pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Season to taste with garlic salt & black pepper. Cover and chill.

Spread on snack crackers.
Spread on 2 slices of your favorite bread.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Big Buddy

Thank you - thank you - thank you, that is a BIG ~ BIG thank you for each one of you. I am ready to start trying these out. I really do appreciate it. And Stacey, funny thing is - I have a ton of that canned chicken from Sams we are trying to use. We didn't realize that we had like 3 cans left and we bought another set of five just the other day, so I know which recipe I will be trying first (and probably tripling)! I really do appreciate all your recipes though. I will accept any others!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Big Buddy

JeffGordonsNo1Fan is a jewel in the rough

Well, Please let me know how you like it!
I need to run up to Sams club and get some more, and I think my card is expired....hmmm, do I want it $40 worth this week? I think I do...

Also....just a hint as to what I do, I add only 1 tblsp of the honey, then add the mayo, to the right consistancy, then taste and add the additional honey to taste....
Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMJ79
Thank you - thank you - thank you, that is a BIG ~ BIG thank you for each one of you. I am ready to start trying these out. I really do appreciate it. And Stacey, funny thing is - I have a ton of that canned chicken from Sams we are trying to use. We didn't realize that we had like 3 cans left and we bought another set of five just the other day, so I know which recipe I will be trying first (and probably tripling)! I really do appreciate all your recipes though. I will accept any others!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMJ79
Here is another "flavor" you can use the canned chicken for...

Drain the chicken....In a food processor, whiz up some sweet pickles..use your own taste, then make into a spreadable consistency with mayo and ranch dressing. I bummed this off of a lady at a wedding shower once....you cant stop eating it! I have even boiled my own chicken and picked it off the bone, then I whiz it in the food processor...canned chicken is LOTS easier. It is REALLY good.

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow