Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Healthy Living
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP
Default Take the Drama Out of Sunless Tanning

I've made my feelings about suntanning pretty clear - but I also understand that it can seem less than ideal to throw on beach outfits when you've been hidden indoors for nine months!
Luckily, modern technology has come to our rescue in the form of hundreds of sunless tanning products. Observe a few key steps, and you'll end up with the golden glow of your dreams (and not the streaky mess of your nightmares):
  • The active ingredient in self-tanners, called DHA (dihydroxyacetone), reacts with amino acids in your topmost layer of skin. Consequently, the evenness of your tan depends on the evenness of your skin. Always start with an exfoliating scrub to slough off the dead skin cells that can cause a spotty tan and darker orange-brown patches.
  • However, be sure to avoid scrubs that include petrolatum or mineral oil, as they are occlusive and can prevent DHA from working properly.
  • Apply less self-tanner to the knees, elbows, palms, and feet - DHA will cause more darkening in places where your skin is thicker.
  • Look for self-tanners with antioxidants, which tend to produce a more natural-looking tan than those without them.
  • Don't use moisturizer for two hours after applying self-tanner, as it can interfere with the pigmentation process.
Many of my patients ask me if there's any difference between self-tanning creams and the spray-on tans that are offered at many spas. When it comes to the active ingredient involved, the answer is no - all self-tanning products use DHA.
However, the FDA has cautioned consumers against unwanted exposure to DHA, including inhaling it or being exposed to it through the eyes, mouth, or mucous membranes.
Obviously, you'll need to be more careful about avoiding unwanted ingestion of DHA in a spray-tanning booth than you are while applying a cream at home.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Big Buddy

ashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIP

Great Advise Christine! I use the Jergens self tanner lotion more than anything.. I do not tan naturally (it's more of a reddish tan and it's not pretty, lol) I have heard that the spray tan at salons can give you bad BO... yuck!

Con Amore, tutte cose sono possibili

inthekitchenwithme.blogspot.com