06-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Shaker-Style Smoked Chicken Thighs
- Prep Time -
- Cook Time -
- Serves 4
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup wood chips, such as apple or hickory, in a foil pouch
2. Cooking Directions
- Calories: 515 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0 g
- Fat: 37 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Whisk vinegar, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in shallots and garlic. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to 3 hours.
- Prepare wood-chip packet.
- Place the packet under the grill racks. Preheat grill and packet until smoky.
- Transfer the chicken to the grill, allowing excess marinade to drip back into the bowl (discard marinade). Grill the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve hot or chilled.
Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.